Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the pic quality might be. Last night I was searching my archives for an airbrush I did on a tail gate of a 1:1 truck last year. Didn't find it. Can't believe I didn't shoot it with at least one camera. But I evidently only shot it on my cell phone. I've gone through every file, CD, photo card and flash drive but to no avail. But on that trip down memory lane I did come up with several old shots from an old camera before I really even knew what I was doing. Thought some might like to see 'em for the first time and a couple others might like a flash back. At the very least I'll update my Photobucket.

300Sl Gull Wing

Cat.A.Pult Upgrade. Have alot of these wituot wheels.

Chaparral 2G. Still hoping HWs will finish out the series

New York Checker. This was long before customizers started denting up their customs

Highboy

Surtees' Lola GT70 Before I was able to make my own decals I used stickers

Mail Wagon. Before USPS made the carriers put flashing lights on the tops of the cars. !st decal project if I recall correctly.

TVR in factory flip color...Fingernail polish

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I'm liking them all, nothing wrong with memory lane. Yours look great from long ago. Did you airbrush the nail polish? I havent learned the NP trick yet, just use for detailing lights.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm liking them all, nothing wrong with memory lane. Yours look great from long ago. Did you airbrush the nail polish? I havent learned the NP trick yet, just use for detailing lights.
Yes. I used an AB then clear coated it. The NP seems to most always come out stain finish. I clean up with acetone then run a lacquer thinner through. Don't know if that helps but I'm not crazy about leaving acetone in my AB. Really like the color choice of the NP. Never have got comfortable with purchasing it though.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't bet the farm on it but I can't think of another factory finish that was filp color. Anyone else?

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
I wouldn't bet the farm on it but I can't think of another factory finish that was filp color. Anyone else?
I had to put on my thinking cap to remember this one, but Ford introduced a factory paint option for the SVT Cobra in '96 called "Mystic Green". Depending on the light it reflected highlights of anything from green, purple, to gold.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
That's a cool finish on the Stang. Never saw that on any around here; at least that I recall. Something like that would have make a good get-away car back then. Imagine the call. "In pursuit of a '96 Mustang, blue, I mean purp... I mean green..." "Car 54 where are you? Have you been drinking?" :tongue:

I did see a something like a FORD Freestar painted up like this several years back. Figured it was just someone with more money than sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts