Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question is for you customizers, I was wondering where is a good place to buy 1:64 decals online or other, I did buy some from radical decals but was looking for more of a selection like lightning, flames etc. I will be buying an air brush soon but in the mean time wish to experiment with decals.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Do a search on the word "Hotheadz" I think that is the name of the group that does 1/64 decals. There are a large number of web sited that are dedicated to the customizing of Hotwheels. try to adapt some of the ideas to JL. I'm going to try some things this winter.
Chris

·
Banned
5,866 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Ask your wife

If your wife is into scrapbooking, they may have a neat little sticker maker that works pretty well for home made decals. Just have to trim around your design;)

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Try homeofhotheadz.com.....It's the link I used..Often, before I invested in the Testors Custom Decal System...$5.28 at Wallet-Mart.

Designing and printing your own will save you time and money.

Jeff Fleetwood

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Hey Jeff,

I bought that Testors program too. As soon as I got it installed it basically to ld me that If I wanted to make any decals other than those that came with the software, I should send them another $10.00 right away. I wasn't very happy with that. I haven't made any decals with it yet either.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
zeb41 said:
Hey Jeff,

I bought that Testors program too. As soon as I got it installed it basically to ld me that If I wanted to make any decals other than those that came with the software, I should send them another $10.00 right away. I wasn't very happy with that. I haven't made any decals with it yet either.
Hey Ron...

That's all an attempt to sell more advanced version of the system...Not neccisary.
Believe me..persistance pays off here...I experimented for almost a whole day, and discovered that using the method of "copy & paste" is a neccesity.

You can download images from the internet,design/draw images in the "windows paint",extract pieces of pictures/drawings/designs, and then simply...

1. Open the TCDS screen, then select a pallet...left click the image on there...right click..select "cut" to remove it/clear the pallet completely.

2. Locate(from saved file or document)image you want to make a decal of, then right click..select "copy"...minimize file or document window, and right click onto the TCDS pallet...select "paste"...and viola!

3. Once you figure out how to resize the images(using the provided rulers),You can move on to the "print" options ,and setup your paper(practice printing to plain typing paper at first),and preferences to do single decals or whole pages.

LMK if this helps,or if you need further advice....e-mail me at [email protected] Be glad to give you any help.
It's a great/fun system..I have mastered it..LoL...Now if my printer would stop throwing fits..All would be fantastic.

Oh yeah..."DO NOT BUY THE ADVANCED SOFTWARE"...It only gives you more preprogrammed images..You'll never need.

Jeff Fleetwood

1 - 13 of 13 Posts