Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I writing to see if you are willing to point me in the right direction . I am an avid diecast car collector, mostly in the 1:24 and 1:64 scale. I used to collect only high end but have recently found great satisfaction collecting other lower end varieties. Basically I collect what I like. I am mostly into muscle cars and customs from all years. As far as experience with plastic models go, I have very average ability with building and painting them. I would like very much to begin customizing some of my diecasts, recently I added a 3 point restraint system to the drivers side of greenlight 2005 corvette convertible. That came out pretty good, I, of course had to disasemble to interior, remove the seat for the customizing and then re-install it. I would like to get into some body customizing and was wondering what kind of tools to use to cut the metal, Dremmel?? and also how to re-attach and bond the parts back together. Any advice you can provide would be great. Maybe a good book exists for beginners.

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts