Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1562 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics, Pricing, and all the Info of the new Custom Works AGGRESSOR pan car are now online at CustomWorksRC.com!

Arnie
Custom Works RC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Arnie,

The car looks great! looks like the front end has lots of width adjustment, and the side shock mounting looks rigid. Can't wait to get mine:) i do have one question, though. what different wheelbase dimensions are possible on the car?
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
AWESOME...................Finally the wait is over. WOW...what a beautiful car. Can't wait to get hold of one. Now, we just need some starting set-up for high-bank ovals of BMS. Thanx Arnie....Thanx CW.....Thanx Tony Stewart......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RCAvenger:
With standard length pod: 9 5/8" 10" 10 3/8"
With the long pod set-up: 10" and 10 3/8"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,162 Posts
The AGGRESSOR looks good, I like the small changes to the right side & the nerf bar, compared to the prototype car, curious as to what that piece is in front of the spur gear in the underside pic, Todd hope to hear from you to clear up the issue of my deposit I sent you, I have sent you e mail with all the info you requested, but have not heard back from you, whats up!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,247 Posts
EHR said:
curious as to what that piece is in front of the spur gear in the underside picQUOTE]

This piece is for your rear steer adjustment ... you either get 0 degree (none) or 1/2 degree ... just flip it to go from one to the other.

Steve Salvas
Team CW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
Arnie,

Thanks for the info! the wheelbase options are good! I have one on order thru Putnam. Now, i just need a good baseline setup for 4 cell stock/19 turn 0 deg on flat carpet...hint, hint
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
"The length of the rear pod is adjustable to allow an extra soft set-up for extremely bumpy tracks, all this without changing the wheelbase or body mount locations!"

That is a quote from the CW website....so when you say long pod are you saying that is actually does change the wheelbase contrary to what the site says?? I see you can move the upper plate forward on the car which is what I thought that was referring to until I talked to my buddy and he showed me your post. So you can move the pod plates back on the car as well as move the top forward? I see the extra set of holes in the bottom plate...is that what they are for and then there is another set of holes in the pod plates to relocate the pod plates farther rearward? Any help would be great...nice looking car.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Racin Steve said:
Made the switch last saturday. I'll run the car for the first time this friday.

Steve.
Team CW
Steve, can you post pictures of your car once you have it all ready for the race. I just want to see how it will look assembled with electronics etc..Thanx

Say Hi, to Paul Lemieux...the new member of CW staff.....you one of them too ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,247 Posts
vwal said:
"The length of the rear pod is adjustable to allow an extra soft set-up for extremely bumpy tracks, all this without changing the wheelbase or body mount locations!"

That is a quote from the CW website....so when you say long pod are you saying that is actually does change the wheelbase contrary to what the site says?? I see you can move the upper plate forward on the car which is what I thought that was referring to until I talked to my buddy and he showed me your post. So you can move the pod plates back on the car as well as move the top forward? I see the extra set of holes in the bottom plate...is that what they are for and then there is another set of holes in the pod plates to relocate the pod plates farther rearward? Any help would be great...nice looking car.
Let's say you run the car in the 10" wheelbase ... you can actually move the pod (motor mount and left carrier, yes there is another set of holes in the pod plates), front suspension, front bumper, rear body posts all 3/8" farther to the rear ... and what you get is still 10" wheelbase but longer rear pod. You don't have to worry about your body fitting or not the new configuration. All you have to do is pre-drill the chassis for your servo to fit in the 3 available positions (0.375" steps).

That longer rear pod will greatly improve stability on rough track surfaces (it would've been real nice to have at last year's Snowbird Nats lol)

I'll post pics later tomorrow jeepnyy.

Steve.
Team CW
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Racin Steve said:
(it would've been real nice to have at last year's Snowbird Nats lol)

I'll post pics later tomorrow jeepnyy.

Steve.
Team CW
They did have them at The 'Birds ......thats why they did so well for a prototype 'to come home with top honors at the 'Bird. (trailing arm pods).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,247 Posts
jeepnyy said:
They did have them at The 'Birds ......thats why they did so well for a prototype 'to come home with top honors at the 'Bird. (trailing arm pods).
I know ... but I didn't lol

Steve.
Team CW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,884 Posts
It says that spring steel T-plates will be available.Does this mean this car takes a special t-plate or will the finish line t-plates work?
 
1 - 20 of 1562 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top