Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Nice man! I like the custome rear wheels, plug wires and the added pant legs under the car. Makes it look like it is dragging more than feet!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are actually 1/35 scale 55 gallon fuel drums, but pants legs works too!!! BTW, Worked on Killer McBash today. Totally fun kit!

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Rich,this came out really nice right down to the sweet paint job ya did on wolfies wagon :thumbsup: !Are you planning on building the rest up?

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan, I did Drac's Dragster for a guy. I have the Flivver and the Chariot. I'll get around to them one day!

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
F91 said:
Those are actually 1/35 scale 55 gallon fuel drums, but pants legs works too!!! BTW, Worked on Killer McBash today. Totally fun kit!
At first I was thinking drums then a split second later I was like..."pant legs!" HAHA...cool either way....can't wait to see the killer mcbash kit too!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yep, This was a project for me. I only keep the really cool (to me) Aurora stuff, like the Viking, Blackbeard, Superboy, heck, all the Superheroes and some of the Prehistoric scenes. I don't have nearly enough room for all the kits I've built. I actually enjoy building them ! :)

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Hmmm, not a bad thought to save some space. Trouble is, I can't stand to lose any of my "babies". But then again I'm sort of anal retentive. ( Something about a warped childhood maybe ? ) :tongue:

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Aaahhh, gee Mark, I wish you'd clarify that statement. Who knows who is reading this ?? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
the Dabbler said:
Aaahhh, gee Mark, I wish you'd clarify that statement. Who knows who is reading this ?? :rolleyes:
My bad...nobody asked, I shouldn't have told. What I meant was - that meticulous attention to detail can result in an award-winning model.

We're still not dressing like super heroes, there are no flying cars, and everything you say can be taken six different ways. I'm really starting to hate the 21st century.

Plus, my signature disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back.:mad:

Sincerely,

Mark McFedup

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Hey, I've been logged in here for hours,( all night really ) but a while ago I tried to edit my post and couldn't. It was as if I wasn't a member. I had to log in with user name and password but I had never logged off or changed anything.
Gremlins in cyberspace got me?? Are there sunspots or something !!

OH NO!! Do NOT go near any cemeteries, and Watch the skies !!! :eek:
"I'm really starting to hate the 21st century."

I hear ya. I'm kinda leaning toward the 19 century myself. I was born 100 years too late and 1000 miles too far East. I think I shoulda been a gunfighter, fast hands & reactions.
Dueling Dabbler

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Really cool work. You don't see many WMW's posted these days or any of the Odd Rods.

Is that a replacement head or did you sand the ears off the original and make the pointies?

Just a little nit-picky critique:
Is there any way you could sand down those little circular mold formations on the palm of the right hand. (I know there's a word for those damn things)
Despite all the good detail when I first pulled up the pic my eye went right to those things and may be the same for an Ebay shopper.

That said, excellent job!!

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ejector pin marks. I never even noticed them till you said something.:( Easy enough to fix, if I saw them! I sculpted the ears and additional hair myself, using the box art as my guide.

Jimmy B said:
Really cool work. You don't see many WMW's posted these days or any of the Odd Rods.

Is that a replacement head or did you sand the ears off the original and make the pointies?

Just a little nit-picky critique:
Is there any way you could sand down those little circular mold formations on the palm of the right hand. (I know there's a word for those damn things)
Despite all the good detail when I first pulled up the pic my eye went right to those things and may be the same for an

·
Premium Member
6,010 Posts
Jimmy B said:
...Despite all the good detail when I first pulled up the pic my eye went right to those things and may be the same for an eBay!!! shopper.
Ordinarily I bite my tongue when someone posts pictures and I see what I think is a flaw in their model because I realize that not everyone builds for competition (which is why I said that Anal Works in my earlier post). I don't want to make a big deal out of it and maybe discourage somebody who is in the hobby just for the fun of it. Nor do I want it to look like Open Season on Rich now that J.B. has offered his nit-picky.

But since you've stated that you want to sell this model eBay!, Rich, I can only assume that you want your model to look its best so as to fetch the highest price. So here's a piece of what I truly intend to be constructive criticism: in the rear view of your Wagon, we can see straight into the exhausts. The seams there are unfinished and the mounting holes for the exhaust flames parts are clearly visible. The silver paint makes these items quite apparent.

A simple fix would be to apply a layer of epoxy putty in there and smooth over the seams, leaving the mounting holes open. Then you'd have the appearance of a hollow exhaust pipe. If you paint the inside of the exhausts flat black, you'll add depth and create a heat-blackened effect.

Or, just collect your dough from whichever non-A Type Personality enters the top bid and laugh all the way to the bank!

Mark McG.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts