Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stayed away from the monster slicks on this one and made it a street sleeper. Nice slicks fit up under the wheelwells on chrome rims. Interior is full custom w/dragster seat setup w/chrome steering wheel, driveshaft and rear gear housing, changed from clear to tinted windows. It's one of my favorite castings.

I tried to get a closeup of the interior but just got the chrome steering wheel in the pix.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Say, how about a little detail painting, to make a hot Mopar better ?:thumbsup:
I do have a brush and little bottle of Testors gloss black but I'd probably screw it up instead of making it better.

My artistic skillz as a detail painter leave a lot to be desired. I never have had any luck painting by brush, and to make matters worse this Wal-Mart has stopped selling anything but cans of spray paint. I can't find anyplace that sells Testors now.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I do have a brush and little bottle of Testors gloss black but I'd probably screw it up instead of making it better.

My artistic skillz as a detail painter leave a lot to be desired. I never have had any luck painting by brush, and to make matters worse this Wal-Mart has stopped selling anything but cans of spray paint. I can't find anyplace that sells Testors now.

That car looks really nice!! also if you order things online, order from http://www.testors.com/ for testors paint.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Black? I guess you thought I meant panel lines, I was thinking about the tail and park lamps, door handles. For panel lines I've been playing around with India Ink. Just flow it in, it cleans up real nice with a tissue. I found mine at Michaels. For the lamps I like to use Tamiyas clear red and amber, just pick out the tail lamps with silver and let it dry. then drop in a little red into each opening.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Nice job. Love the stance on it.
I took some advise from some of the other customizers and I use a round toothpick to do small things like the red in the tail lights and the parking lamps.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that looks alot better. I use sharpies for detail,works good for me.
I had some soft redline tires on the front of that car and didn't like the look it gave a car so I took a black sharpie and just gave it a blackwall. Couldn't tell, could ya? ;)

Good hints all. I do need to pay a little more attention to details like lights and stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts