Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stayed away from the monster slicks on this one and made it a street sleeper. Nice slicks fit up under the wheelwells on chrome rims. Interior is full custom w/dragster seat setup w/chrome steering wheel, driveshaft and rear gear housing, changed from clear to tinted windows. It's one of my favorite castings.

I tried to get a closeup of the interior but just got the chrome steering wheel in the pix.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Say, how about a little detail painting, to make a hot Mopar better ?:thumbsup:
I do have a brush and little bottle of Testors gloss black but I'd probably screw it up instead of making it better.

My artistic skillz as a detail painter leave a lot to be desired. I never have had any luck painting by brush, and to make matters worse this Wal-Mart has stopped selling anything but cans of spray paint. I can't find anyplace that sells Testors now.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I do have a brush and little bottle of Testors gloss black but I'd probably screw it up instead of making it better.

My artistic skillz as a detail painter leave a lot to be desired. I never have had any luck painting by brush, and to make matters worse this Wal-Mart has stopped selling anything but cans of spray paint. I can't find anyplace that sells Testors now.

That car looks really nice!! also if you order things online, order from http://www.testors.com/ for testors paint.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Black? I guess you thought I meant panel lines, I was thinking about the tail and park lamps, door handles. For panel lines I've been playing around with India Ink. Just flow it in, it cleans up real nice with a tissue. I found mine at Michaels. For the lamps I like to use Tamiyas clear red and amber, just pick out the tail lamps with silver and let it dry. then drop in a little red into each opening.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Nice job. Love the stance on it.
I took some advise from some of the other customizers and I use a round toothpick to do small things like the red in the tail lights and the parking lamps.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that looks alot better. I use sharpies for detail,works good for me.
I had some soft redline tires on the front of that car and didn't like the look it gave a car so I took a black sharpie and just gave it a blackwall. Couldn't tell, could ya? ;)

Good hints all. I do need to pay a little more attention to details like lights and stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts