Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you so much for clicking in here and taking a quick look. As you know, one of our own has had quite an amazing health battle over the last few months. And the best news of all is that Scott Moen is headed home ! I am sure Scott will fill us in on the details as he gets the opportunity. But I wanted to share my contribution to his "Get Well Soon" box.

Boston Matt wanted to put together a box of cars to show our support of Scott, but after seeing the pics of this mans garage, I knew I had nothing he was missing! Then, after seeing some of the wonderful items folks were sending in, I knew I would have to do something custom to submit. So here it is.

The man likes convertibles ( his white fox body is one) so I started with the new 2006 Greenlight GT vert' and only made a few small changes. Swapped the wheels out to a much more "sports car" look and added a "Moen 1" plate. That's it. Short and sweet.

Oh yea, I almost forgot...I kinda made up a special package for the car. I hope he digs it. This man has an amazing collection, so the text is true! He has shown what a crazy human can accomplish in the collecting hobby ! For any newbe's out there, the pics really are of this man's garage! Last, the address is to keep the package looking "factory". I am not really in the custom car business. Thanks so much for looking, and hurry back to the boards Scott, you've been missed!

Ward

·
0 Posts
A very kind and thoughtful gift. You did a 1st class job. :thumbsup:
How do you manage to open and re-seal the blister so well? :wave:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Great Job :thumbsup:

I take it to trimmed off a little of both edges to get inside the package to do the do?

If so looks great, and still keeps the packaging together!

I'm sure scott will love it

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, that's it. I take an old fashioned lever paper cutter and slice of the two edges and bottom. This gives me very straight lines, much more then I can do with sissors.

Then I trim and shape the bottom corners and smooth the top corners back into the factory sealed top. When it goes back together, I just reseal the bottom with a small piece of clear packing tape. The sides are actually unsealed, but you would not know it to look at it. These blisters make for very cool packaging.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts