Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This shot goes with my recent post of custom Greenlights. Don't know what will become of them, I had the idea of HT gifts in mind when I made them, so watch your mailbox, you could be the one.

They came out pretty well. I have always said that what I lacked in custom skills, I made up for in presentation! Thanks for looking guys, what do you think?

Ward

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys, there is really nothing to it. I take an old fashioned lever paper cutter and slice off the two edges and bottom. This gives me very straight lines, much more then I can do with sissors. This leaves me the ability to flip up the bottom, but leave the factory sealed top and hanger.

Then I trim and shape the bottom corners and smooth the top corners back into the factory sealed top. When it goes back together, I just reseal the bottom with a small piece of clear packing tape. The sides are actually unsealed, but you would not know it to look at it. These blisters make for very cool packaging.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Thanks for revealing the secret to opening the clamshell packaging 69Stang.

I'll practice on some openers with my paper cutter.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I wonder if you left enough "meat" on the trimmed areas, if there would be enough room to get one of those heated sealer thingys on it to actually really heat seal it.
All I can say is that Camaro in the middle is the cat's meowwwwwwww.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts