Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a TYCO MBz C-111 coupe the I found in the Dollar Box @ the HO-LI show.It was already stripped down to the white body when I got it. I shot on some Testors Blue Angel Blue & added some slotrod65.com Decals & then mounted it on a $3.00 Mattel 440-X2 chassis (what a bargain ! )

Neal:dude:

Attachments

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
Hot Stuff...

Neal,

Hey nice Mercedes! I think we both must be in some kind of HT mind warp link because, I just posted a 57 Panel with SLOTROD65.com "HOT STUFF" decal in the back about the same time you did & we both did flames...scary isn't it? :eek:

Bob...right now you are thinking it would be great to be at H:):)TERS...zilla

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Fantastic 'Cedes, Neal!

The color is perfect for the body and the flame licks really make it pop!

I have the same body, found the same way, but the orange paint has stained the plastic in tiger stripe patterns. Maybe a good coat of primer and yellow this time. The flames really fit! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Land of the lost....

This is a TYCO MBz C-111 coupe the I found in the Dollar Box @ the HO-LI show.
... and then they're FOUND ! ! !.... Those buckets and bins at the Beers Shows are good hunting grounds. I even bring my own empty tub so I can offload some of the ones at the top and get more easily to the bottom dwellers. Makes it easier ta paw through. Nice snag Neal. :thumbsup::thumbsup: nd

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice work, Neal. I always did like the C-111 bodystyle. Prolly the sweetest benz ever built, too bad it never made it past the test bed point.
I think the main problem was that Rotary engine.Mazda ( R100, Rx-2,RX-3 & Rx-4 ) did go foreward with it but took a bath on it during the '73-'74 oil shortage with its sealing issues & lack of fuel economy.It only had some success with the RX-7.

Neal:dude:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts