Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,
Check out Ron Sklenars figure eight track he made for Crash and Burn.

Look at all the details he did with the track, car bodies, building and other others !!

Joe

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Ron's builds are always incredible. I'll have to go & dig out some pics of the junk yard & the gas station he did after the junk yard. They would be a nice addition to the thread & they deserve to be seen too.

·
Premium Member
2,305 Posts
Awesome race track diorama. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Being a fan of the Aurora Lincoln, really like the #76 racer. ..RL

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Ron's builds are always incredible. I'll have to go & dig out some pics of the junk yard & the gas station he did after the junk yard. They would be a nice addition to the thread & they deserve to be seen too.
I've seen the junkyard at a couple of shows. It is nothing short of amazing. Never seen the gas station; I'm eagerly waiting in hopes that you find the pics...

--rick

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
I've seen the junkyard too...

... but this track is in the league with Bob Hardin's "Track-In-A-Box"... Diorama's are one thing... working micro-layouts like this are a whole other thing. Just dig the colors, the detail, the well-done cars... and you can run on it... Speaking of running, hey TAFX1 (Joe)... any chance you can shoot a short Video???

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Awesome track :thumbsup: I first noticed it posted on a Facebook HO Slotcar Group.... Great details and love the era it's set in. VERY COOL !

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
PS- one complaint about that Track though, I'd be scared to Death to be a spectator :eek:
I mean the only safety measures between you and a raggedy Jalopy sliding through the turns- is a few sparsely placed HAYBALES- YIKES!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Guys,
Check out Ron Sklenars figure eight track he made for Crash and Burn.

Look at all the details he did with the track, car bodies, building and other others !!

Joe
how'd u do the 4lane "X-crossing"????
that's a strke of genious alone :thumbsup:

Bubba 123 :wave:

·
BANNED
8,209 Posts
bubbah, without knowing for sure, that looks very much like 4 Atlas intersections.
I am not good at IDing track from pictures, but that looks like Atlas intersections.
more to come from someone who is sure no doubt.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I believe the track is Aurora Lock & Joiner. Intersections were cut up, glued and soldered to "frankentrack" a four way. I recently gathered together all the Atlas track I need to make a figure 8. It cost me a little over $300 to collect all the track needed. Atlas makes intersections that will fit together without any alterations. I'm a Lock & Joiner guy myself, but you really can't beat Atlas track for ease of use and good electrical connections.
I saw a Lock & Joiner four way at the St. Louis show. I think it was $175. You can find Atlas four way for about $100 ( 4 pieces @ $25 ea.)
If I had the room I'd have a figure 8 set up right now.
hojoe

1 - 20 of 22 Posts