Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few Daytonas I finished up in between other projects. Thanks for looking....

A Johnny Retro....

Fantasy "The Flames" series....all thanks be to Russ. :p

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Ummm....I like the wheel choices. And the paint execution is very good.

Sorry, but the flames to me, is like a beautiful woman getting a huge, gaudy, tattoo. Why? Everyone's heard me say it... "Its just hard to improve on perfection." I know I'm in the minority on this with your Daytonas. By the looks of things, beautiful women getting "tats" as well. At least the flames won't sag with age.

Though I'm getting "old" I'm still not so old as to respect, to each their own.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
nice job. i like both flame jobs. even i would display both of those.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
craftymore said:
Wow! How do you get the headlights and taillights to come out so well?
Elves........................................... :p

Just kidding :tongue: A magnifying glass, steady hands and a very small brush :wave:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
ClearHooter said:
Ummm....I like the wheel choices. And the paint execution is very good.

Sorry, but the flames to me, is like a beautiful woman getting a huge, gaudy, tattoo. Why? Everyone's heard me say it... "Its just hard to improve on perfection." I know I'm in the minority on this with your Daytonas. By the looks of things, beautiful women getting "tats" as well. At least the flames won't sag with age.

Though I'm getting "old" I'm still not so old as to respect, to each their own.
First, I want to thank you for the compliments. And second, I can see your point. The Daytona is a beautiful automobile, and really isn't in any need of "cosmetics" to make it more so. Flaming the Daytona was the realization of a daydream I had a few months ago. (It could also be a good name for the next gay art/rock band that comes outta Florida :tongue: ) Anywho, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone by defacing a great automotive classic. :wave:

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
SkipperC said:
First, I want to thank you for the compliments. And second, I can see your point. The Daytona is a beautiful automobile, and really isn't in any need of "cosmetics" to make it more so. Flaming the Daytona was the realization of a daydream I had a few months ago. (It could also be a good name for the next gay art/rock band that comes outta Florida :tongue: ) Anywho, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone by defacing a great automotive classic. :wave:
No offense taken. Like I said, "To each their own." Infact I "defaced" my first Daytona for my last two projects. Used an AC Cobra too. Of course I used the HW's casting which had already been "defaced" when they did their wheel stagger thing. I didn't flame them.............I cut 'em up and swapped the fronts and backs. I really liked the way they cam out.

I used the Flaming Daytona's as an example today when my step daughter told me today she wanted a tattoo over her butt. She liked the flames on the Daytona's as well. Yeah...She's a baby doll. Don't see why she wants something on her body she can't get off. Personally I'm just not committed enough to anything (well maybe Coca Cola but I'm not going to get a Coke logo tattooed on my ass.) to have it permantly emblazoned on my body. Had I been in the military I'd probably have had a military tat. But I fortunately drew 131 in the lottery when it went to 90 in 1971.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Great work !!! i've done 5 or 10 1/64th customs posted one a long time ago every time i do one it ends up back in the stripper :freak: im never satisfied with the paint. Im never giving up but. till my paint looks as cool as some i see on here i doubt i'll post pics. Im not pickin on me i know i can do it thanks for the pics :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
chevy263 said:
Great work !!! i've done 5 or 10 1/64th customs posted one a long time ago every time i do one it ends up back in the stripper :freak: im never satisfied with the paint. Im never giving up but. till my paint looks as cool as some i see on here i doubt i'll post pics. Im not pickin on me i know i can do it thanks for the pics :)
Working in this scale can be pretty tough. One little piece of dust settles and all of a sudden you have a rock under the paint on the right front fender. :tongue: Never stop trying and if you REALLY want some encouragement (or discouragement, depending on how you want to look at it) check out Cadillacpat's work on this board. He and many others who have posted work here are pretty well advanced in skill and technique. I'm still at the HEPA filter and spray paint stage :D :wave:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts