Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second try at this amazing casting. This is the new 1:64 #666 Jessy James "figure 8" modified from MGA. I made my second one into a mean looking D.I.R.T. big block modified.

A LOT more metal work in this version, but it was worth it.

Here are all three, my two customs along with the factory orgional.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
I like your modified, modifies. I'd like to do at least one or two of these as I don't have any at all. Do they make any of these without 666 plastered all over them? Saw one of the 666 cars at Wally's several days ago. Don't even recall it being a modified or not. Found the nomenclature rather, shall we say, odd; to be in the toy section at Wally's. So yeah I was kind of taken aback. But then too there were those Easter cars HW's came out with. "Make a buck anyway ya can" I suppose is the motto of the day. Karl Marx isn't one of my favorite people in history. But he did make one accurate statement. "If your gonig to hang a capitolist.....He'll sell you the rope. Unfortunate but true.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CH, as far as I have seen, the #666 is the only factory version I am aware of. I can't imagine not using that casting for more variations, but then again, it is a VERY OBSCURE form of motorsports that it is based on.

This release, featuring the HUGE front cow catcher is a small block , open wheel modified on pavement running in "Figure 8" style races. James raced them on Monster Garage at Irwindale Speedway. My understanding is that they remove the oversized front bumper and run standard oval races as well.

But in the world of "Modified" race cars, the original factory casting is very unusual. Most cars falling under that category are IMCA dirt mods ( mid west and southers) the D.I.R.T. big block style mods from the hard north , or the Nascar pavement style mods ( what are still called Featherlites after a series sponsor) from the mid to upper east coast. This casting is none of those, but a west coast pavement mod with a very limited following. So I just don't know if we will see this casting much.

Can you imagine the number of units you would need to sell in a single casting just to recoup the tooling cost? You need multiple release to help spread the burden out. This is far more detailed them any $4 casting I have EVER seen. But that is why I had to bring it into the more traditional dirt look.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Sweet Cars!! Love the Dirt one!! "Dirt's for racing, ashpalt is for getting there!" :thumbsup:

I collect 1/24 Dirt Late Models. I've got 1/24 McCreadie DIRT Mod in thre too!! They sure are Sweet!!

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am a huge T-Mac fan, and I need to pick up the mod! Do you have any in the store? I crused through but did not see one. Great pics!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts