Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since this particular GTI had no paint on the tail lights, out of the package it came... I drilled out the rivets, then used the Dremmel to cut off the roof. After some touch-up, and a piece of black paper in the back, I added the wheels from a CLS500. Figured to "fix" the tail lights later, but didn't. Oh well...For a first attempt, I think it came out pretty nice. Quality of pics is low, have to use the cell phone as the digital cam is gone.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
How did you cut through the roof???? :confused: .. I just purchased a hobby knife or an exacto knife......... I would probably hav eto use some sort a cutting tool to do that kinda job...

:confused:---Midnightrun---:confused::wave:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used a Dremel, with the "Heavy Duty Cut-Off Wheel" attachment. I did mark the spot to cut but scratching the paint with an xacto knife.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
So my drill that I have, all I have to do is connect the Heavy duty cut off wheel and go from there???? seems easy, I will try some new customs with this Idea....

Any pics of the Heavy duty cut off thingy??? :confused:
:thumbsup: ---Midnightrun--- :wave:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Sure no problem..... I'll be here for another 5 to 10 minutes.... If I don't see it now I will see it tomorrow.... I'll even Goggle it and tomorrow I am going to the local Hardware store to look for some cutting tools for this awesome idea!!!!

:thumbsup: ---Midnightrun--- :wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts