Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey let's have a custom contest. I'll run it through th end of Nov. Post a pic. here of your favorite custom. It has to be a custom that you built. If you want to build one for the contest that's up to you. Please refrain from commenting on the customs until the end of the contest. Then I'll start another thread for everyone to vote. Whoever wins I'll send a couple small slot related prizez to. If enough people participate, I want to see lots of customs! One custom per person. This contest is for everyone here! I'll post my favorite custom too. Mine is not elligable to win so don't vote for me please!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here it is. I know some of you have seen it before. I built this car for a customer. She was hard to let go. There's an in-process pic. too.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Some of you did already seen it, my Herbie fitting a 440-X2 narrow chassis

I've also done recently an Tow truck with a plastic unknown base made in China, fitting an AFX Specialty chassis

And currently working on another car, if it will be finished before the end of contest, I'll post it of course

·
Registered
806 Posts
VJ - Even though I saw that hot rod on the original thread, I am still impressed with your craftsmanship. I love that Willys too. It makes it hard to post a pic of one of mine.
Jim

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Jim... and please post your stuff, don't worry about it. Besides, it can't really be a contest with no appointed judges or prizes, so again... post the pics!

As for the Hot Rod, I'm starting another one soon. I just ordered up some of the missing parts. They take so much work to finish that I've put it aside until I clear my work bench of the other projects in progress.

I may have to enter a few more into the contest. Building customs is my main focus these days. I love it. To get such nice feedback on them only serves to motivate me.. so watch out... anymore kind worlds and I'll fill this forum with pics.

hehehehe

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Howmet Turbine Car

Here is a 1/24 slot car I built from an MPC model kit. It is powered by a K&B Super Challenger motor on a Dynamic chassis. With the wheels and tires that are on it in the picture it wasn't very competitive, but they look great! (OW! That hurts patting myself on the back!) When I switched to less scale appearing silicone tires it flew! And handled well!

Marty

·
Registered
618 Posts
VJ, does your last post pics are plastic car that you've painted and detailled or die-cast already painted that you've mounted on chassis ??

·
Registered
822 Posts
All right VJ now you just stop teasing us. Those cars are awesome. I especially like the 1st, 2nd, and 4th pictures. Are these on tjet chassis'? And of course you HAVE to reveal the source.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts