Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Pretty amazing. The likenesses vary. Burt Ward and Yvonne Craig both seem particularly difficult for sculptors to capture - regardless of the medium.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Zorro said:
Pretty amazing. The likenesses vary. Burt Ward and Yvonne Craig both seem particularly difficult for sculptors to capture - regardless of the medium.
Don't know about the others, but the Yvonne Craig uses the head from the Jimmy Flintstone kit. It's been teaked to soften it, the lock of hair over the forehead is gone, and the hair in back is shortened.

That's not to take anything away from the work the guy did do himself, mind you, which is terrific stuff. I don't see anything that says he's selling it, so that should be no big deal. The site doesn't seem to be about selling, it's just guys showing off their customizing work.

Edit: And if he is selling it, then I don't want to be in the middle of any ugliness that arises. I'm just pointing out what I see - I have the Flintstone kit right here in front of me, and am familiar with it as I softened the sculpt on it too. Somebody can get in touch with Flintstone and whoever sculpted it for him and have them offer their opinions.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I'm also quite impressed with this fellow's customized Action Figures:

http://www.pilliod.net/main.htm
Check out "EXPLORE THE CUSTOMS" and click on all the links on that left-hand column.

This guy's name is Cason Pilliod but goes by the handle: "Casimir". In his write-ups, he mentions his frequent use of such materials as KNEADATITE and ALUMILITE. They sound like they could be used in place of two-part epoxy putty, Milliput, Magic Sculpt, Aves Apoxy or some similar modeling compound. It made me wonder if any of the modelers on these forums have used kneadatite or alumilite? How do they compare?

- GJS

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I have a whole mess of custom Batman action figures on my site.

Check them out here:
Iron-Cow Productions
www.ironcowprod.com (select the Plastic link once you're at the main page)

I lost count, but there are probably well over 200 custom Batman, Superman, X-Men, Doctor Who and other random customs in there, plus tons of articles on helpful hints.

Lemme know what you think of the pieces! Thanks again!

Matt
aka Iron-Cow
www.ironcowprod.com

·
Registered
185 Posts
Customs

Hi All...Anyone interested we do an amazing adam west figure 12" custom Hand made clothes and the cowl is AMAZING!
Anyone interested shoot me an email Board members price$ [email protected]

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
In that first link, Batman looks like Dr. Smith to me, and Robin resembles Jerry Seinfeld. (what's the deal with all the costumed criminals? you would think they would like to blend in, not stick out like a sore thumb....and why am I wearing womens gym shorts? )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts