Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. I refuse to take it back to my dealer. It runs and cuts great for about 15 minutes or so and then just quits and won't crank back up. It can sit there for several hours and then crank and do the same thing all over again. I just replaced the fuel pump and it was serviced at the end of last season. What could it be? Thanks.

·
Registered
750 Posts
is teh plug good? cylinders? piston? rings? and is the right amount of oil in there? is there something stuck in carb? is the air mixture right? idle throttle needle? and does it start to bog down around 15 mins or does it just quit while running .. perfectly rough idle?

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Check the fuel cap vent, make sure it is open and allowing air to enter the fuel tank so the fuel can drain out.

If the fuel cap checks out, then the next thing to check is to see if the engine has spark after it dies and will not restart.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Had a Craftsman tractor with Kohler 14hp do the same thing, ran fine for an hour then shutdown, set for an hour and run fine again for an hour and shutdown. Ended up being a bad coil.

·
Registered
73 Posts
heat

heat causes the ignition module to break down over time. these things have made me scratch my head a few times. i,ve found that the insulation on the windings will crack and allow moisture in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts