Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Now that looks awsome!!!!!! Great job on the weathering!!!!!
But me thinks ya neglected the radio antenae, it looks a tad too thick and has no rust on it. Also the red and blue emblem on the left rear fender panel looks to be too clean, but it still looks awsome!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yeah the radio antenna is a bit thick, but they usually don't rust ,as the are made of stainless or aluminum on these older cars. As for the 300 emblem, unexplained phenomena!

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
The antenna is an easy fix. Snip it off at the top of the base and drill the base for a short piece of piano wire. It's the scale thickness and it doesn't have a too-shiny finish. I use piano wire for all my antennae. I just polish it up soime for non-beater models.

As for the badges, hit 'em with a wash of thinned flat white paint and they should come up looking like faded plastic emblems.

One more thing that I would do is sand down the tire treads. Those tires make it look like someone has started in on fixing it up by replacing the old-worn-out tires the car had been sitting on for all those years. Of course, that's a possibility too, but then the wheels would probably look better as well...

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Holy smokes. Another home run! I especially love the underside. You go to great lengths, sir! And the pics are huge. I love it.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
It's not really an outdoor raccoon bucket, but maybe a garage find someone just pulled a tarp off of! Chasing Classic Cars, my friend!

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I had really good luck heating up leftover sprue under a Bic lighter, and pulling it out like taffy to achieve a thin, realistic antenna on my Aliens power loader.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks kdaracal! That's a good tip on making a antenna. I always thought of this Chrysler as a car that was put away in rough shape, then it sat in a barn for another 30 years before being discovered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts