Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I know it's got a trailer hitch on it, but that '56 Caddy sits up way to high in the rear AND the front...strange.

On that Jag, I wonder if that's just some sort of skirting to hide the 4X4 drive-train(?)

Nice bunch of pix!

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On that Jag, I wonder if that's just some sort of skirting to hide the 4X4 drive-train(?)
The side has electronic fold-down running boards. The guy put them down after I took the pic. But yeah, it was pretty wild.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Did u see the hillbilly limo service? Or 4x4 cavalier......there was also 2 superbirds one was steves the one that i posted pics of before and 2 2012 trans ams

·
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did u see the hillbilly limo service? Or 4x4 cavalier......there was also 2 superbirds one was steves the one that i posted pics of before and 2 2012 trans ams
Heard about the hillbilly limo, but never saw it. The 4WD Cavalier was actually at the Blow Fly Inn when we got there, but had left by the time we finished and I was taking pictures.

I drove by the Superbirds on our way home. Really wish I had been able to see them up close, particularly the white barn find.

One of the TAs came by us. I had seen one similar there two years ago. My dad actually talked to one of the guys with one and was told the conversion package was $30K.

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
Nice pix, 72c. Love the Ford COE with the Silverado bed and the Chevy Cameo pickup. looks as though it was a fun event... :thumbsup:

:wave:

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Great stuff Neal! Nice to see the coast lookin' good after all the hurricanne damage. I was at the Mississippi coast right after Camille in 1969, it wasn't very pretty. Many folks forget that Gulfport/Biloxi MS took a direct hit from the right side of Katrina.

Gun to my head, I'm a Farmall nut, so that Ford and tractor get my vote :thumbsup:

Lummox, I think that Caddy has some big airshocks, why they're on the front, I have not a clue, very weird...mebe a monster crate 721cid lurkin' up there?? :devil:

·
Registered
475 Posts
smoke i was born and raised in st bernard parish louisiana the eye of katrina went right over us all but 3 houses in the whole parish went under water.....mine was under 14 feet......but the coast does look alot better now then 7 years ago they cleaned it up pretty well

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Aside from the '56 Cadillac, the Ford with Farmall is my favorite of the bunch.

I know it's got a trailer hitch on it, but that '56 Caddy sits up way to high in the rear AND the front...strange.
At first I thought the Caddy looked refreshingly firm footed, but since you mention it, she does look to be riding a good 3-4 inches above stock. 3/4 of the rear wheel is visible, and she even has skirts!

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Aside from the '56 Cadillac, the Ford with Farmall is my favorite of the bunch.

At first I thought the Caddy looked refreshingly firm footed, but since you mention it, she does look to be riding a good 3-4 inches above stock. 3/4 of the rear wheel is visible, and she even has skirts!
Here's a thought...sure to upset some of our many friends here on HT.

I see what may be a head of hair in the backseat? Must be a Yankee ride, us Southerners don't hide our crazy kinfolk in backrooms of the house, we put them right out on the front porch in a rockin' chair, and when passers by enquire which side of the family do they get it from? We smile, and say Both!! :tongue:

smokie~

·
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I kinda like the look of a skirt riding 3-4 inches high on a fine lookin' body with great curves :thumbsup:

·
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Who is going this year? We're headed down next Friday for the weekend. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I have to work. We have some major testing to do on the ship we are working on preparing for trials later in the year. I will try to get out Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday. Looks like the kick off this Sunday will be rained out as well due to TS Karen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts