Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I believe at some point, that you can cross the line concerning HORSEPOWER... and I think I just crossed it! LOL

By the way, this was a 1:43 scale JL '68 Camaro that was damaged.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Porsche911GT3 said:
You're gonna need all that horsepower to overcome the drag of that hood! :D :tongue:
GOOD ONE (LOL)...that hood actually closes and I was just trying to show the engine compartment detail with those other pics. Heres a pic and then you'll see what I mean by steping over the line!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
StreetFreak said:
GOOD ONE (LOL)...that hood actually closes and I was just trying to show the engine compartment detail with those other pics.
LOL, it didn't look like it was going to close. Just watch out for birds....

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Porsche911GT3 said:
LOL, it didn't look like it was going to close. Just watch out for birds....
Watch out for the birds??? I pitty the poor little pecker head that gets anywheres near that blower scoop when that car's lighting it up!:p

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Street Freak, that's cool! I did a wheel swap on that same car a couple of years ago. I'll try to get a pic of it posted. I like Magmas. Right now I am finishing one for novaSS- a '71 GTX. It's been real slow going, but it's getting close to being finished. It took me a year to find an engine that was close to the same scale as the JL casting. I got it from a Muscle Machines 1:43 scale Van Helsing monster truck. Maybe I can get a picture of that one too. In the meantime, that scoop on top of your Camaro reminds me more of a cannon than it does an air intake. Gives new meaning to the term "Blowing someone's doors off." :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
StreetFreak:
Wow. I like it. Now all you have to do is find a set of Mickey Thompson M50s for the rear to make it street legal. Plus jack up the rear end. And hide the keys.
Anyway, that is one fantastic custom. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
midtown said:
Looks real nice, what are the wheels from?
From another Magna 1:43 that I got cheap at the Flea Market! The backs were pretty wide so I had to do alot of dremeling on the underside of that Camaro body in order to get them to fit.

The hard part with these 1:43 Scale cars is finding a motor that's the right scale. As you can see, the one I used wasn't, but it hid the dent that was in the hood, and that was all I had at the time to use. The suggestion on using a Muscle Machine motor, would have been a much better choice and would have made the car look a whole lot better. If I get some time, I think I'll do a motor swap!:)

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
StreetFreak,
Here is a shot of the Camaro Magma that I wheel swapped a couple of years ago. I got the wheels from a Road Champs 1:43 Camaro. It's certainly not as wild as your, but I like how it looks.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Here are some shots of the GTX I'm building for novaSS. As I said in my earlier post, the engine came from a Muscle Machines Monster Truck. I think it is still a llittle too big for the car, but it doesn't look too bad.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts