Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw in the BOLT that JL had a CASE IH set at Tractor supply. I headed down there today and found them but they were labeled as ERTL. It is the exact truck and tractor that the BOLT shows but nowhere on it does it say JL. They also had the John Deere set and it also was labeled ERTL.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot to mention that for those of you that do not have Tractor Supply Co stores I can pick some up for you. They were $10 plus tax. I am sure we can work out some kind of trade. If not, you can jut give me cost plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Check out the casting imprint on the '55......1997. Dies are 10 years old. Don't remember even seeing a truck back then....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Huh. Now you have me looking. Look at the 65. It says RC2 Johnny Lightning and at the bottom 2004 Playing Mantis. :D

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
dmc874 said:
Huh. Now you have me looking. Look at the 65. It says RC2 Johnny Lightning and at the bottom 2004 Playing Mantis. :D
The "RC2" logo was undoubtedly added to the tooling after the stinkers took over the shop...... :cool:

Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say 'stinkers'.....*uncrosses fingers*

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
I received both of these TSC sets as a very generous RAOK from AQUA XK8. Both sets are opened. Now what do I do with the tractors?? :confused:

Then there are the John Deere sets I've seen at KMarts. Some of them come with a tractor and accessories and a Ford F-150. The pickup doesn't look like a JL casting, though. Any info?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
The '55 Chevy Cameo was one truck that I had never added to my collection. What's with the chassis/body spacing on the underside of the truck? The passenger side of the base looks flush with the body side, but the driver's side has that huge gap. Are all the castings like that? :confused:

I really should pick up the Case/Harvester truck, though. That is one casting that I really like. Thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
SkipperC said:
Check out the casting imprint on the '55......1997. Dies are 10 years old. Don't remember even seeing a truck back then....
there was a bunch of them in the Truckin' America series. I have a select few, dated 1997 on the card.

·
Registered
90 Posts
dmc874 said:
I saw in the BOLT that JL had a CASE IH set at Tractor supply. I headed down there today and found them but they were labeled as ERTL. It is the exact truck and tractor that the BOLT shows but nowhere on it does it say JL. They also had the John Deere set and it also was labeled ERTL.
Well, congrats for finding these 2x sets. I found the JD set at a JD Dealer. The IH's are extremely hard to find. I've been to all of the IH Dealers, in the PHX AZ area. IH says they don't exist. I went to a TSC Store located in YUMA AZ, but found out TSC has never existed in YUMA. (DAMN QWEST TELEPHONE CO, for lying). JL is really ticking me off!!!! Distribution for JL's are really scewed up here.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
dmc874 said:
I forgot to mention that for those of you that do not have Tractor Supply Co stores I can pick some up for you. They were $10 plus tax. I am sure we can work out some kind of trade. If not, you can jut give me cost plus shipping.
I'm interested in a set of these. My local TSC does not have these in stock.
How many different sets are there? just the 2...I/H case and J/D?

gonna send an email...thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts