Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
pms485 said:
Where on the package does it say "Johnny Lightning"?
Listed in category: Toys & Hobbies > Diecast, Toy Vehicles > Cars, Trucks-Diecast > Johnny Lightning > Other

and...

On this cool ad!
robmcin said:
BTW pms485 is right, these are PM not JL products. I'm just having some fun! :jest:
pms485 said:
(02-04-2004, 04:37 PM)
Creepsters These will be displayed at Toy Fair. BTW, these are kids toys of ages 3+ and not of the Johnny Lightning line.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Perhaps a Catch 22. If they don't do well the old JL guard will be furious for the tie-in. If they do well, people will figure it out that they are JL already. Who knows, perhaps it was smart/lucky to leave the name off as RC2 may want to take them in another direction.

I would prefer the JL tie-in but I understand the fear of placing JL on a true toy marketed for kids at a buck price.

By the way, the blisters on these are killer, Mike.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
MARKHOS said:
Perhaps a Catch 22. If they don't do well the old JL guard will be furious for the tie-in. If they do well, people will figure it out that they are JL already. Who knows, perhaps it was smart/lucky to leave the name off as RC2 may want to take them in another direction.

I would prefer the JL tie-in but I understand the fear of placing JL on a true toy marketed for kids at a buck price.

By the way, the blisters on these are killer, Mike.
:thumbsup: Thanks Mark.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
I think these are going to get a following much like the old Farbs and Zowies have with Brand X. Many will not care for them but others will be dyed in the wool buyers. To me this type of venture makes more sense than the 25th different tampo variation on a Beetle. Like them or not, they ar new, fresh, different, priced right, great blister art, fantasy/horror genre, kid friendly that has hopefully enough appeal to do well.

I applaud the effort. I will participate.

Mark (Creepster Class of '04)

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
robmcin said:
I just hope I can tell the difference between the black and dark blue tires :freak:
Shouldn't bee hard unless you are dicount shopping after the store closes their doors and shuts the lights off. :devil:

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Mike

So how many different bases are used, three? The chassis is die-cast still right?
Lastly, the first prototype tongue shooter in the color that was nixed was promised to me from Tom R. Make sure nobody walks off with that. I'm making this your responsibility.

Mark:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts