Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well first things first, I'd like to introduce myself to the community. My name is Mike and I've been collecting diecast cars for as long as I can remember. I'm 31 and live in the super exciting action packed state of Connecticut!! Woo-Hoo!!! I will admit I've been creepin' on the HT forums for almost a year, but I think it's time I at least make myself known. I wanna say that it is extremely impressive how cool everyone is on here and hope that I can be a "cool kid" too.
As for what I collect, I'd have to say it's mostly Hot Wheels but really its anything and everything (I just feel compelled to complete the HW "New Models" every year). I spend alot of time & money trying to buy all the cars I can remember having as a kid. I have alot of fun going to tag sales/flea markets/ebay looking through old car collections trying to buy my childhood back (I was a very destructive young punk). I love all kinds of cars, muscle, imports, lowriders, offroad...etc its all good. My favorite castings seem to always be the crazy fantasy types, though. Which I'm well aware that alot of people dislike. I used to restore muscle cars and hot rods so I've painted and seen what seems like a gajillion camaros, mustangs, and challengers... so I welcome new and refreshing ideas. (still and will always love the old school!) Now I work in a nuclear power plant as a quality inspector.........not even a fraction of the fun. So since being out of the garage I have recently started to chop up and custom my diecasts. (it's what brought me to HT in the first place looking at everyones amazing customs and collections)
Well I think I've babbled enough. I had my first KDay story that I wanted to share but I think I'll save that for another time. I would like again to just say that I have enjoyed creepin' on you guys and hope to post more as time goes on. I also hope this was proper introductory etiquette as I am new to this whole "forum participation" thing. Thanks!

·
Registered
834 Posts
Very nice introduction Mike! Welcome to the boards! Dont be afraid to post your opinions or questions as will get your answer most of the time! :wave:

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
With your second post titled such as it is, you are going to have to go out and get one of these. Welcome and have fun!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Welcome to Hobbytalk.... :wave: Great intro :thumbsup:

Hobbytalk is pretty civil 98% of the time with a bunch of great guys who like to share stories and their collection. Don't forget we like to RAOK ( Random Act Of Kindness in giving to others ) here too :D It's about sharing your finds when you find multiple of a certain TH or HTF Car as not everyone here is fortunate with their areas.

Stick around as you will fit in with everyone here.

·
Premium Member
9,004 Posts
Welcome to Hobbytalk.com Mike Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts