Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this resin Creature bust at the IPMS show in Columbus and finished painting it yesterday. I've never worked on anything this large... measures almost 11" tall... and this was my first venture into a fully resin model. I'm pleased with the results... it was fun. I do have to admit I missed the building process, since it came as one piece and needed very little clean-up. - Denis

Attachments

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!! It's cool when you try something a little different and it actually comes out nicely. - Denis

·
Registered
882 Posts
Great job Denis, I've always thought the Creature is one of the most difficult monsters to paint due to the variations in the colour. You really nailed it!

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
SHARP dklange, good eyes and nice paint job :thumbsup:

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, the green really looks even better than in the photo... I air-brushed several shades of green, lights and dark, and some yellow then added a good amount of dry-brushing.

The eyes were one of my biggest concerns since they really make the final piece look "real". I used David Fishers' approach from his video series. Keeping my hands steady was my biggest concern, since I'm not in the "young" category anymore!

- Denis

·
Registered
130 Posts
WOW that looks great I really like The Creature from the Black Lagoon:thumbsup: Funny thing is I have never seen the movie.:(

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thats awesome! I remember drooling over that kit at the show. It looks great painted up.
Thank-you for the compliments!

The Creature movie is one of my favorites from back in the 60's when I a kid, I bought the DVD from Universal that has "The Creature from the Black Lagoon", "Revenge of the Creature" and "The Creature Walks Among Us". It's very Cool!!! NOT one of my wife's favorite DVD's!!!

Otto - I also looked at the kit several times during the show on Thursday and finally, just as they were turning the lights out, I decided to buy it. Really glad I did!!:)

Thanks again!

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm working on the same kit. It's nice isn't it? Daniel Horne sculpted it.

Tonyray - dude - you've never seen Creature From The Black Lagoon?!?!?!?! Get up from the computer right now, go out and get a copy - buy it, rent it, whatever - and correct this heinous oversight!! Your life will be better for it. :thumbsup:

Syn

1 - 17 of 17 Posts