Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody, CRC Raceway is going to be club racing on the oval every other Saturday night this fall/winter season (first 2 races are back to back Saturdays, every other after that). Open practice from 11am - 4:30pm. 1st Qualifier at 5pm sharp. 2 rounds stagger starts, + mains. Biggest class expected is Sportsman Truck. TOUR stock will also have some turnout as well as 12th scales. Bring 'em out guys and girls!

Full season schedule can be found here - http://www.teamcrc.com/crcraceway/pages/fall_winter2012_13-V2.pdf

I know i'm amped about it!

Don't forget about CRC NYD Speedweek! The oval will be up all week leading up to the Dash. Only $10 covers practice Monday, Tuesday, and club race on Wednesday. (Possible track time on Thursday if we're caught up with getting everything ready for the Kallet, but it's not on the schedule, so don't count on it as a "for sure" thing.

105' runline. CRC Fasttrak carpet. "Ice" corners. SXT, Jack the Gripper, and Sticky Fingers additives ONLY. Track grooves FAST and it will be good racing and good times. We will be keeping track of points as well as track records, and there will be points awards and attendance awards at the end of the season!

Also, Since i'm no longer able to get out on Tuesday nights this year - i plan to do "the double" a couple times this season. Walt's on Saturday morning, then run back to Rome for CRC on Saturday evening! Going to be fun!

See you all here!

John

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CRC Raceway's oval season starts this weekend 10/6! No Points this first week, just a test-n-tune type warm-up race. :cool:

Points start next weekend 10/13, then we go to every other Saturday after that. :thumbsup:

Don't forget to print yourself a season schedule and stick it on the fridge. I did, and i'm here everyday! ;)

Aren't I too young for CRS to be setting in? :rolleyes:

see you all this weekend!

John

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome first night of oval racing! Thank You to Everyone that came out and raced the oval. 5 heats on opening night and it's looking like it's going to continue to grow! We can't wait to have you all back next weekend for Points Race #1!

track grooved up fast and made for great racing!

Congrats to the tq's and winners:
Sportsman Truck - Nate LaFluer Win / Rob Barone TQ
12th GTP - Tom Snyder Win / Joe Pettinelli Sr TQ and track record!
12th stock - Steve Pemberton
10th Stock - John Firsching

Thanks again Everybody!!!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1st points race coming this saturday night!

we already know of a couple more trucks that will be here, and at least one more 12th oval!

lot of 12th GTP (21.5 road course cars) drivers talking about it as well after the awesome showing that the class had last week.

any track records going to go down this weekend? all 3 oval class records stood up last saturday after being posted nearly 2 years ago! both 12th stock and 10th stock winners were within .5 seconds every run, but couldn't pull it off. what will happen this weekend?!

See you soon!

John

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
www.crcraceway.com

Oval Points are posted on the website.

Track records are updated at the hobby shop. I'll try to get the track records on the site updated soon.

Congrats to the winners this past Saturday!

John

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oval racing one week from today - next Saturday 11/10!

Then we're off till 12/1! :cry:

c'mon out and make a run on CRC's bull ring! it's FAST.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oval Racing this Saturday Night!

Truck class has been super tight competition back through the C-Main!

Looking for a couple more boosted TOUR stock cars to come play with me and "The Bill-dozer"!

See ya Saturday!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome turnout last night! grip was insane! track records crushed in 3 classes.

Still can't beat that record set by Steve P. in boosted 10th scale stock though! so close, but too much fall off at the end!

Top 3 - 4 Trucks are within hundredths of each other every run! you never know who wins the (stagger start) heat until it's over! unbelievable! lead changes almost every lap. These guys are putting on a killer show every week. :cool:

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this saturday, 12/1 - oval racing returns after the Thanksgiving break!

racing has been intense and we're amped to see what happens on the track this weekend!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY!

BTW - Limited run of production BA3 kits will be available in the hobby shop. cars are complete and ready to roll. We just don't have the box cover artwork or the instruction manuals yet. Will include a BA2 manual however, that will get you through the entire build process with the main picture differences being between the rear cross brace (BA2) and rear shock tower (BA3).

see you this weekend!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oval going down now. track opens tomorrow morning at 11am! racing at 5pm.

with many cars showing up early to test and tune, and with the little bit of traction misted onto the surface when we open, the groove has been building FAST. the grip was insane last race day!

will we see more new faces this week?

John

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another awesome Saturday Night oval race at CRC! Some were a little worried about how much speed would be in the track with the ground outside now starting to freeze, but it was ballistic!

Congratulations to the new track record holders!

Truck - Marty Peters - 69 / 4:01
Stock Car - Steve Pemberton - 74 / 4:02

...and congrats to Tom Snyder for his first ever A-Main win taking down the truck class!

See you all on 12/15!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Oval racing this saturday 12/15!!!
Another great club race this past Saturday. Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to all that traveled from afar.

Don't forget, Saturday December 29th is the last oval club race of the season and a great opportunity to get dialed in for the largest oval race in the World, the New Year Dash in Oneida January 12-13.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Final oval points race of the season this saturday, 12/29!

Next up after that is NYD Speedweek! Open track Monday and Tuesday (1/7 - 1/8) 4 - 8pm. Club race (non-points) Wednesday night, 1/9.

Get those rides ready for the Dash!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good seeing the travelers from Plattsburg and Syracuse. Thanks to all for coming out to CRC's oval club race. Another club race Wednesday, January 9th. Get ready.. the Dash is getting closer!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
New Year Dash Speedweek starts TODAY!

Open practice 4pm - 8pm tonight.

Open practice 4pm - 8pm tomorrow night.

Club Race Wednesday night. Open practice 4pm - 6:45pm. Sign-ups close at 6:45, first heat rolls off at 7pm!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts