Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this ad on craigslist for $20, it's 9 miles away from my work. I've made arrangements to pick it up tomorrow at my lunch hour. Can't really tell the condition of the cars from the pics and did not bother asking the seller. Is it worth the $20 and the drive?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
yeah, thats a good find! Just the other week, I scored a complete Mattel world race set (with chrome blue nomad and chrome yellow Twin Mill) that had been raced maybe 2-3 times. The cars were near perfect condition. His price? $5.00. Slots dont show up often on CL in the pac. nw, but when they do its usually a steal.

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
the Lehigh Valley's craigs list is now crawling with slotcar and train guys with multiple listings to buy buy buy.....and the same guys are listing slots for sale above fleabay pricing, duh. It was good while it lasted.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
YES.

You could be a knob and ask him to spot ya a little for the gas, but that would be pushing it. :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the package yesterday. 3 of the 8 cars are in the best shape and the rest were either missing something or has some damage. The RR crossing has rusted rails and about 1 inch of the rail is missing. There are lots of tracks and guard rails. It's a nice score. I'll see if I can post some close up pics later. Thanks all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts