Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just replaced the fuel tank and lines with Fuel Tank Assembly from Sears. After filling tank and attempting to start engine two things were noted.
1. - Prime bulb very slow to recover after a few pumps.
2. - Upon pressing bulb many times (slow operation) and waiting a few minutes, engine will run a few seconds. Then nothing.
I read some threads in this forum and suspect that the screen may be fouled as the filter had been disconnected when old tube broke. Is there another reason that the Prime bulb would fail to suck rapidly with new installation? Lines do not appear to be crimped.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
take the primer bulb off and clean out the holes with compressed air or carb cleaner because you said the filter fell off it couldv'e sucked some stuff up in there.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
good you got it goin! those little clear lines break from age,heat,and sometimes accidents. that filter that fell off did it. the fuel line goes right to the bulb. hense crud and bad bulb recovery.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Craftsman weed wacker and cannot get it started. I added new fuel lines, cleaned it up but no. This may be a silly question, on the Zuma carb. which tube is the fuel intake? tge top or bottom. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Craftsman weedwacker 358.798490

Followed the suggestions for Riccardo2009 (same problem) which addressed the problem. Upon reassembly the hose (forgive me -I do not know the proper names) that feeds from/to the carb is now stretched and is leaking where it attaches to the primer. How do you replace that hose. It seems to be attached to the interior of the carb. Do you need a new carb or can the hose be replaced. Any suggestions. Thanks. Novicedmc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts