Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chain saw will start and run good for about five to ten minutes and then it sputters out and and dies it will not restart. I have blown the carbs out and all lines going from the gas tank to the carbs to the primer bulb. Does any one have any suggestions for me. I need this chain saw to run i have a lot of wood to cut for this winter. Thanks Will

·
Premium Member
1,725 Posts
My chain saw will start and run good for about five to ten minutes and then it sputters out and and dies it will not restart. I have blown the carbs out and all lines going from the gas tank to the carbs to the primer bulb. Does any one have any suggestions for me. I need this chain saw to run i have a lot of wood to cut for this winter. Thanks Will
New spark plug, Check condition of all wires and lines. Readjust the carb.

·
Registered
814 Posts
doubtful its the plug

check for scratches in the cylinder, cracks in the fuel line, when it dies check and see if you still have spark, and check your compression if you are able to after it is warm and see what it reads

your carb spacer also may be warped and is warping enough once it gets hot it expands so much and leans out and dies

1 - 3 of 3 Posts