Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Another model I am working on. This one is a lot of work, but worth it. Never worked with PE pieces, so it is slowing me down. Here are a couple of photo, of what I have done. The decals are not removed from the backing for the domes. Later I will glue the PE trees on them, that came with the kit.

The beads, will now have to have the many angled lines, scrapped off, to match the movie. The brass rods are all glued on, for the PE trusses.
Have to paint the trusses before, glueing on.

Comments wanted! :wave:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I gotta get me one of those! I'm trying to be good right before WF but so many cool kits keep coming out!

·
Registered
902 Posts
If those floor tiles are 1 foot square, that looks to make the model close to 5 feet long?

The Valley Forge is one of my all time favorite sci-fi spaceships! How much did the kit cost you?

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep going from one part of the model to the next. Now I am doing the base. Here is what I got so far. The American Flag, is a decal, the rest is hand painting the raised parts. It still needs some more work, and the Drones, are to be glued on the base.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Can't see the pics. Why is it that more folks who have an account here at Hobby Talk which allows pic hosting don't use it...? :confused:

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now you can see them, Jeffrey? :)

Two photo updates. 1st up, the red trusses, and pods done, on one end.

Close up of the desert dome, withe the dome supports painted. The dome is 1" wide. Also, the PE trees are glued in the dome.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Yes, I can see 'em now, Lloyd. Looks awesome! :thumbsup:

I'm bidding on one on e-Bay right now, as a matter of fact. Curious to see how it looks next to my MiniModelMadness kit - which I still haven't started constructing....

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Griffworks said:
Yes, I can see 'em now, Lloyd. Looks awesome! :thumbsup:

I'm bidding on one on e-Bay right now, as a matter of fact. Curious to see how it looks next to my MiniModelMadness kit - which I still haven't started constructing....
I once had the MMM kit, and after a couple of months I sold it untouched. I`m still waiting for my new Valley Forge to arrive, but I`m pretty sure it will look a thousand times better than the MMM one. And it has the cool base and the tiny drones! :)

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Griffworks said:
Did you win it?

I just got an order of TOS BSG ships from MiniModelMadness this week, and now having Cozmo's Valley Forge, I am going to use the MMM Valley Forge, for my Galactia display later.

Work has been slowed by me getting ready for, and now recovering from my surgery. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts