Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Congrats Duncan :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You been looking for that DW Car for a while... Great seeing you were able to obtain it for your collection. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. Shortly after talking with Messer, I left for a school reunion up in a little town way over in a far corner of Oregon. While there, I thought I would check out the one grocery store there to see what they had in Hot Wheels. My wife and I couldn't spend any more money as we has already gone spending crazy at a yard sale, but thought I would look anyway. And lo and behold there was the Wheldon car. I thought about getting it for someone else since I knew I had one coming but just couldn't spare anymore money at that point, even though the price wasn't bad for where I was at - $1.29. So if anyone happens through Lakeview Oregon in the next few days, be sure to catch the Safeway store and see if the car is still there. :devil: I wish I could have gotten it to help someone else out but had to make sure I had enough money to get home.

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Thanks guys. Shortly after talking with Messer, I left for a school reunion up in a little town way over in a far corner of Oregon. While there, I thought I would check out the one grocery store there to see what they had in Hot Wheels. My wife and I couldn't spend any more money as we has already gone spending crazy at a yard sale, but thought I would look anyway. And lo and behold there was the Wheldon car. I thought about getting it for someone else since I knew I had one coming but just couldn't spare anymore money at that point, even though the price wasn't bad for where I was at - $1.29. So if anyone happens through Lakeview Oregon in the next few days, be sure to catch the Safeway store and see if the car is still there. :devil: I wish I could have gotten it to help someone else out but had to make sure I had enough money to get home.

The Wheldon car is available here in Vegas anybody need one let me know.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Wow Duncan. You make that ranchero look good. It is amazing what a difference it makes out of the blister. I hadnt opened any and it wa my least favorite hunt thus far. Seeing that pic you took after releasing it from the surly bonds of plastic and paper makes it look so much better. Nice pics. You do family portraits? I hye seeig pic of myself. Can you make me look a little taller next to my 6ft plus friends?

That makes me super happy to be able to help ya out. Glad i could share the wealth. Thats why i come back here and dont go to any othe boards. After meeting this crew id just be destined for disappointment.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, don't do family portraits. Everyone comes out looking like M2 Ground Pounders.

Oh, wait! That's the way I look anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts