Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to show you guys the special promo cars from the iHobby show in Chicago. The car is a metallic blue 1957 Chevrolet Bel AIr with flames. The first image shows the chase car with gold pin striped flames, gold interior and gold rims. The second image shows the regular car with yellow and red flames with white pin striping. The regular car is my new favorite, for now.

The other promo car that I am really excited about is the 2009 SEMA show Auto-Lift 1970 Ford Mustang BOSS 302 2-pack. The restored metallic gray BOSS 302 is a special ordered color for 1970, as metallic gray was not a standard color for BOSS 302 Mustangs. The color is actually Light Gray Metallic, a Thunderbird-only color in 1970. And now onto the parts car or waiting for restoration car. This car is a rusty and dusty Grabber Blue BOSS 302 for the most part. It has a red Mach 1 428 hood (from the junk yard or swamp meet). Also notice that the passenger front fender and door are from a base model white Mustang (from the junk yard or swamp meet). The following parts are currently missing from the car; drivers side door, steering wheel, passenger seat, rear passenger seat, all the window glass, head lights, rear tail lights and rear wing (check out the holes in trunk lid for wing). This poor Mustang also has three steel rims & one Magnum 500 rim. Three black wall tires and one thin white wall tire rounds out this dilapidated Mustang. You better check the numbers on the engine block, transmission and rear end. You never know, it may still be a matching numbers BOSS 302?

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thanks for the update and the great pics, Sean. As a recent fan of M2's '70 Mustangs, I'm absolutely digging that Auto-Lift Boss Mustang 2-pack. Nicely done on the "resto" in progress 'stang :thumbsup:!

That said, my only question now is ... as a Canadian collector, where can I get a couple of these, and what is the selling price?

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
WHERE DO I GET TWO OF THOSE STANGS!?!?!?! :woohoo:

But really, how much and where can I get them!? That set is awesome! Strong work and thank you Sean :thumbsup:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Usually,
You get the Show cars at the car show.
In this case, the SEMA Show set should have been at SEMA this year.
It wasn't.
They were taking orders, by the case.

George :cool:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Those SEMA Mustangs are cool! Sean was at the NW Fest last weekend in Idaho and had the "un-restored" version with him. Very neat. Oh, and by the way, Sean is a "car guy"; make no mistake about it! He is passionate about the hobby and his cars. And also a blast to talk to! Even autographed my Auto Drags chase '57 Chev and my chrome '70 Mustang Grabber! Had a great time there, wish I could have stayed all day and BSed with him!
Brock

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WHERE DO I GET TWO OF THOSE STANGS!?!?!?! :woohoo:

But really, how much and where can I get them!? That set is awesome! Strong work and thank you Sean :thumbsup:
Our distributor, Funlines, ordered the promo. I am not a 100% sure of prices and availability, I just do the fun stuff around here. Here is their web site, http://www.funlines.net/

Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those SEMA Mustangs are cool! Sean was at the NW Fest last weekend in Idaho and had the "un-restored" version with him. Very neat. Oh, and by the way, Sean is a "car guy"; make no mistake about it! He is passionate about the hobby and his cars. And also a blast to talk to! Even autographed my Auto Drags chase '57 Chev and my chrome '70 Mustang Grabber! Had a great time there, wish I could have stayed all day and BSed with him!
Brock
Brock, it was great meeting you and the other collectors as well. Thank you for the kind words. The best part of these conventions by far is standing around with guys & gals even, and just talking about cars. The conversation bounces from die cast cars to real cars and back. It's a blast.

Thanks,
Sean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts