Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are from Japan, made by Kyosho. It's interesting how they sell them. Each model is in a small closed box, so that you don't know what model is actually inside. You have to purchase and open the box, to actually find out, which car is hiding inside. :) There seem to be some chase cars, that are more difficult to find. I think they have a new series out every 3 months. I think it's a pretty cool concept. These cars are from Lamborghini collection:

Espada:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Your pictures are excellent!

To add to your Kyosho Mini Car series: every two months a new series is released. They are only available in Japan in two large store chains. When they are sold out (which is usually within 24 hours!!!), they are almost impossible to get anymore.
Japanese customers can pre order them online, but with the limitation of three boxes per shipping address / Credit card number. Talk about popular...
Chase cars are no longer inserted in the series. The last chase car was found in the 1st Porsche series. It was a white/blue Porsche RS. Funny thing is, that it's 'regular' counterpart, the white/orange RS, was even more scare.
Out of the 200 cars I received from that series, I was only able to make ONE complete set...

The Lambo's pictured are from of the 2nd Lamborghini release. I still have a couple of these available in my webshop.
The series released after the Lambo's was the 2nd Porsche release and now the British Sports Cars are released in December. I got the first shipment of 27 cars and am awaiting delivery of the other 263... Will post pics in a new thread.

The release scheduled for February will be the 3rd Ferrari Road Cars series.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Those are really nice diecast. I don't have any Kyosho in my collection, but plenty of Tomica. What scale are those; 1:64? I always loved the Espada; I'm still trying to get ahold of the Siku version from the 'V series,' but am waiting to find one mint in the box. Your example is really beautiful though, lots of detail.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roadster99: Yes, these are 1:64 and the details are quite impressive, as all the lights are plastic parts, and the paint is fantastic too. Interiors seem to be nicely detailed too, it's a pity that all the windows are up. But I guess that the lines of the cars are flowing smoothly this way. I also like the fact, that the wheels are specific for each model. I miss that at most of the other 1/64 brands. And on the Countach, front and rear wheels are different.

Henri: Thanks for the additional information! And, WOW, you have quite some of these cars! Be sure to take some pictures, can't wait to see some of them.
I bought 3 cars from British Sports Cars series and I'm expecting to receive them this week. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you like Espada, and collect 1/64 you should definitely get it! Kyosho probably makes the best detailed Espada in this scale.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Those are two very nice models Superbird77! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts