Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a few cars that I can't find any info on. I am in the process of selling a friends HO collection and any help on these cars would be great.

The driver's side rear wheel has a piece of flint on it. From what I was told it would be run on a track and spark as it went through the corners.

They are also a little larger than a HO car.

The only marking on the chassis says ( MR-1 )

Thanks,
David

I also have a Dale Earnhardt car that is not pictured.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
For starters, the brand is Marchon. I'll leave it to the experts at that point, because I know very little about Marchon cars...

--rick

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I'm no expert but have a bunch of these and remember when they came out- Fast cars, Neo traction magnets, big bulky heavy bodies. The chassis's tend to crack at the pin. The flint cars were in a set called Chevy 300 Sparking Speedway that had a grit strip on the guard rail and caused the flint to spark. Ninco bought the rights to these type chassis and still produce them.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=96&aid=39400&lid=10544508

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Yes, they are Marchon (except for the Lifelike Dupont). The three cars you have pictured (plus the unpictured #3) were the only four NASCAR produced by Marchon.

There were a couple different chassis designes (and colors) used by Marchon and usually the bodies are not as crisp (either the molding or deco) as other manufacturers. Most however, do run very well.

For selling, expect no more than $10 a car if the car is used and in really good condition. Less than that if it shows signs of wear or you sell as a group.

Joe

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm no expert but have a bunch of these and remember when they came out- Fast cars, Neo traction magnets, big bulky heavy bodies. The chassis's tend to crack at the pin. The flint cars were in a set called Chevy 300 Sparking Speedway that had a grit strip on the guard rail and caused the flint to spark. Ninco bought the rights to these type chassis and still produce them.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=96&aid=39400&lid=10544508
Do you have a link to someone selling the Ninco produced versions? MR-1s are still a very popular chassis for the Modified classes over here in the UK and it would be good to have a modern source.

Cheers

Gareth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts