Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all; been a bit since I posted; been working long hours. But today I had some spare time and so I went to a local show and found the Ford for $10 CDN. It was in the guy's "regular" JL pile. Then the wife wanted to do some shopping so we head to the mall. I hit the local "diecast" store while she did her "lady" thing with the daughters. Had not been to this particular store in a while and it had all been revamped...including a new large section dedicated to JL only. I was perusing through the new stuff; could not find any Whites...figured this store would pull them anyways and either save them for someone or display them elsewhere. Well I was right in both cases; one of the sales guy comes up to me and asks "Do you collect JL"; I says; "Yes I do; I have most of these though". So then he says; "Do you collect the White Lightnings"...I say "Yes"...he says "I have one; was holding it for a customer that normally comes in on Saturdays but did not show up"...he says "Come this way"...and takes me to a display case, he opens it and reachs to the back and pulls out the '69 Camaro. It was not retail; but at $30 CDN I thought it was a good buy and the chances of seeing another at the rate the box stores stock...would be zilch...so I took it. end of story..enjoy :thumbsup:

Regards
G (tbucket74) :wave:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts