Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this rain we've had allowed me to catch up and finish a couple of things.

This is an Aurora Hot Rod coupe that was in very bad shape. I painted it and added a some die-cast bits. The engine is out of a RC2 die-cast Ford. I fitted it in and cut the hood open to clear the air cleaner. The front disc rotors are cut down T-Jet wheels. The rear bumper, side pipes and front wheel/tyres are JL. The rear wheels are cut down dollar store DC's. The front grille is Maisto. It's powered by an Aurora 4-gear Magnatraction specialty chassis. I planned to put on front calipers and a steering linkage, but I figured I've done enough and I can move on to other unfinished projects. :)

Cheers

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
:eek: :eek: Phil, that is incredible work my friend.....Fantastic job! I need to snag some of those cheap T- bucket JL cars to rob those front ends from....... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Wes,

That is incredible. I don't believe I have ever seen that much detail on an HO slot car. And it really fits together well. Very nicely done.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey there,

I see we have some Aurora Hot Rod admirer's out there.
Thank you very much for the comps'.

noddaz said:
That is really nice!
Do you run it at all?
Or are you worried about bits breaking off...
Scott
Noddaz- I do run it as I do all my cars. I've had bits come loose on some and just repair them. I don't race it-- just run it, so it doesn't happen too often.
I forgot to mention a couple of things I done--
The rear rims are stock specialty, but have been re-sized to fit the DC rims inside and the roof and windscreen have been chopped.

Here's a neat idea some of you might be able to use--I had several broken AFX Formula 1 bodies with missing spoilers and wings. Not really good for much- except the rear-view mirrors were still intact.
As on this car, they make great scale headlights. :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
What an awesome little hot rod! Now you're talkin' my language! I love the removable top too! Man, you do nice work!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts