Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I'll take the trucks butnot thr Ramcharger; there's something wrong with the profile of the roof above the windshield. There have been better G/L releases than this one.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I'll take the trucks butnot thr Ramcharger; there's something wrong with the profile of the roof above the windshield. There have been better G/L releases than this one.
Is it just me, or does the roof seem to be removable (looking at the detail photo)?

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I'm not sure if the 1:1s had removable roofs, but if this model's is, it is severely ill-fitting. It is a police vehicle, so I'll probably get it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
WHEW! im relieved i was hoping that they werent guna change anything last minute! Thats chevy is sweetie!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Now that you mention it, this roof was discussed months ago when the test shot or prototype came out.
Allthough not perfect, this roof is a HUGE improvement over the eary pics of this casting. I think it'll look exeptable in person, and thank Greenlight in listening to us when we see something wrong. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
621 Posts
Very nice. Got to try and get the green machine version of that chevy truck, and ramcharger, and dodge truck, and, oh heck, I would like to find the green versions of all the cars in that series. :tongue:

Mike

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I sold Trail Dusters, the Plymouth version of the Ramcharger when they were new. The tops were removeable but quite heavy and nearly impossible to make watertight after reinstallation. These vehicles were introduced in 1974 and the early models had frameless door glass. When the top was removed and windows lowered, it was completely open from the vent window back. Those units leaked air and water almost from day one. Later models, like G/L's 78s, used pickup doors with full window frames.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I just checked my other G/L Ramchargers and they have the same slightly incorrect windshield shape. The BB also has the removeable top and when viewed from above it looks OK. No problem for me in 1/64 so I think I'll get one of this release to de-tampo and 2=tone. MATT, How about a Plymouth Trail Duster? No casting changes needed just new Tampos!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts