Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger. Close ups next week when they're in the mail.

Missed out on the Countach but still great. :wave:

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try. This is 5 out of 10 now. Perhaps as good as it gets, perhaps there are more. I'm a completist sometimes with obsessive compulsive tendencies. :)

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used too be a completist ... That changed when I ran out of space :lol:
:lol: at the moment it still works for me to change my priorities, HW mainlines out, MBX and friends in. But talk to me again in a year or so. The shops here don't stock JL, M2 or GL so I'm reasonably safe for now.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
:lol: at the moment it still works for me to change my priorities, HW mainlines out, MBX and friends in. But talk to me again in a year or so. The shops here don't stock JL, M2 or GL so I'm reasonably safe for now.
I'll check back with ya in a year or 2 and see where you are at in space. I had too re-vamp my collection as my taste started to change and I was always drooling over what I really wanted and would like as a Collection - I think I have it today. We'll see in another 10 years down the road and see if I change it again. Lets hope not as it's costly to keep upgrading. :lol:

·
Registered
763 Posts
I too believe I suffer a little with OCD when it comes to getting these models. I have in the past way overspent only to regret it later. I have learned to slow myself down and only pick up models when I have some spare cash. I go through phases of getting a few older things, and then nothing (except the new stuff as it arrives) for a few months. Things build up at a more sedate pace now and I am happy for that. As has been noted, a lack of space does slow things down.

It is nice to see you pick up a few more nice BP models though, especially the Porsche!

:) :D :p

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I'm very happy that they're still minty fresh. I probably don't keep them carded but it's great to think that I'm the first one to handle the car since 1988 or something. :)

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I probably won't keep them carded but it's great to think that I'm the first one to handle the car since 1988 or something. :)
I enjoy that too. :)

It's along the same lines as to why I'd like to own a 1:1 time capsule car someday.
You know the kind, the ultra low mileage 20+ year old car that's been garaged and babied all it's life, with original tires and factory plastic still on the seats.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I enjoy that too. :)

It's along the same lines as to why I'd like to own a 1:1 time capsule car someday.
You know the kind, the ultra low mileage 20+ year old car that's been garaged and babied all it's life, with original tires and factory plastic still on the seats.
Yes, I think there was a posting a while ago in the 1:1 forum about a BMW dealer from way back who did a runner or something and two or three of the cars are still there. One would hope that any fluids didn't eat through rubber parts and damaged the engine etc.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I remember that thread. Just an old BMW dealer locked up and out of business with cars inside. Yet someone still paid the light bill every month.

I would guess those cars would need some items and fluids replaced, but oddly none of the tires were flat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts