Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Could some one have ruined a $2500 car?

Could this guy have just ruined a $2500 original Aurora??? Check out this Ebay auction... I was afraid to ask the guy any questions for fear he would jump off a high building... EBAY ITEM # IS:5912317940

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
ouch. i wonder. didn't fastbacks all have stripes?

--rick

·
Registered
89 Posts
i dont believe this guy messed up a rare car the top should have been painted black on the inside plus rubbing alcohol is very weak at cleaning paint the orig blk paint is stronger than that was probly painted with a blk marker have seen mustangs with and without strips but most had them

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
luke the duke said:
i dont believe this guy messed up a rare car the top should have been painted black on the inside plus rubbing alcohol is very weak at cleaning paint the orig blk paint is stronger than that was probly painted with a blk marker have seen mustangs with and without strips but most had them
hey, yeah. I didn't think about that. they painted those roofs on the inside. whew.

--rick

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Along these same lines... I saw this on another board. Check out this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5911867607

Now check out the seller's previous bid history. he recently bought a Model Motoring black Mustang fastback. This is a currently available 25.00 car. Suddenly it's for sale in an Aurora box. Auction never mentions that the car is "original". Sneaky, huh?

--rick

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Suspicious Car

He does have the title of his auction saying 'Aurora Black Mustang', so whoever wins that auction should check the underside of the body. MM cars are stamped 'Model Motoring' inside so a thorough check should prove it's authenticity.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
My Question to seller:

"Is the slot car an original Aurora or is it just the box that is Aurora? I am asking because the front grillwork doesn't quite look like an Aurora. If it is an Aurora cand you please email me some clearer pictures?"

Answer:

"i was told it is a model motoring"

·
Registered
89 Posts
when the buyer finds it a mm not orig aurora contact ebay then the post office and fill out mail fraud papers scumbags like this need to be stopped

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
on the other board where this is being discussed (HO World) someone pointed out a dead giveaway... on an Aurora car, there are no stripes on the little section of roof below the rear window. this car has stripes there, which makes it a MM...

hey wow he's right. I have a tan Aurora fastback. I just looked at it and the stripes stop at the top of the rear window, and start again below the roof piece on the trunk lid. in the auction, look at the second picture down in the left column...

ouch

--rick

·
Registered
89 Posts
if you look close at the car even with the blurry pics you can see its black on the bottom of the trunk fac painted cars i have seen are not painted on the inside.the chassis is real nice looking for being thirty years old also.the seller uses the orig aurora stock number to id the car

·
Registered
89 Posts
micyou03 said:
My Question to seller:

"Is the slot car an original Aurora or is it just the box that is Aurora? I am asking because the front grillwork doesn't quite look like an Aurora. If it is an Aurora cand you please email me some clearer pictures?"

Answer:

"i was told it is a model motoring"
asked him if it was an orig. painted blk aurora his answer does not know was told by some it was real some its a mm only going by the box

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Question:

"Is that the same one you won for $25.00 recently?"

Answer:

"no mike i have that one to, i got this car up state new your at a farm i paid
5.00 for it"

Question:

"Is it an Aurora or a Model Motoring?"

Answer:

"model motoring in a aurora box?"

It seems he is saying it is an Aurora, assuming he is being sarcastic in his last response. I still feel like I am getting evasive answers. If I buy this car and it is a Model Motoring in an Aurora box, I still have no response from him telling me it is an Aurora.

·
Registered
956 Posts
what's really funny is he actually had $380.00 bid on it and didn't take it. I have to believe that this dope either got duped himself and is trying to pass it on ( why else have a high reserve on a $20.00 car) or is a really stupid thief !

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know how someone could be as dumb as that to try to sell a $20 car as a $2500 car. I know some people try, but I know people are dumb enough to ruin a $2500 car. I hacked up a few in my time...

·
Registered
89 Posts
who here hasnot hacked up a car or two dozen that are rare today i know my list is long,the heavely wheel welled corvetes mustangs, chargers,burning cobras,bat mobiles,green hornets.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts