Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rules say that the body must be mounted on the trim lines. I guess I am asking what is the legal trim line at the rear? On the PF COT at the rear there are two lines. Will the bodies be required to be cut to the lowest line or can the body be extented below thoes lines? Or trimed to the top line?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Mounting question #2: Does the body have to be mounted in the center of the front wheel openings or are you permitted to mount it forward?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
you won't be able to move it far if you plan on using them side dams on the wing... on a protoform body that is.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
the body must be mounted in the center of the front wheel well.

larry, the bottom line

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I've got a question pertaining the mounting of the cot body. I've mounted the body and trimed to the corrects lines on the pf body, when I measured the roof height it was almost 4 3/4" tall, and the hood was over 2 1/2. how can you reach the minimum if the the body has to be cut at the trim lines? I;m not looking to slam or rake the body either but if I cut the splitter down to the min. then the sides get cut at an angle and not necessarily on the trim lines anymore. Anybody with some advice or knowledge would be appreciated, I'm trying to get this done for the weekend, thank you Jason

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I've got a question pertaining the mounting of the cot body. I've mounted the body and trimed to the corrects lines on the pf body, when I measured the roof height it was almost 4 3/4" tall, and the hood was over 2 1/2. how can you reach the minimum if the the body has to be cut at the trim lines? I;m not looking to slam or rake the body either but if I cut the splitter down to the min. then the sides get cut at an angle and not necessarily on the trim lines anymore. Anybody with some advice or knowledge would be appreciated, I'm trying to get this done for the weekend, thank you Jason
how high is the chassis?

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
I went by the height requirements and the 1/8" minimum splitter rule. I think that gets you where the rules intend you to be after all that was what was stated. In most cases that is under the body lines but a few spots it was over it.

My front body posts on my 10R5 are LF 1.68 RF 1.70 so there isn't a whole lot of slam. The nose looks like a snow plow. :freak:

Bill

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have my chassie ride hight at 6 mm with 2.25 tires and the body trimed on the line and 3/16" spliter. The top hight is 4.625" amd the hood is 2.7". Remember, just like the real cot these have a tall green house (top and window section). There is a small rake from back to front. I trimed the rear to the bottom do not paint line.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a wing question. There are three lines on the wing top. I think on the real car they are called a "wicker bill" and are used to add down force. Can any of thoes be trimed?

Sorry for so many questions. I just do not want race day problems.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Larry B,

In the updated TOUR rules, they say you can go no lower than the bottom line. Alan Behler suggested that you cut down the side and bend it instead of totally cutting the lines off. I believe there are three lines.

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
I have my chassie ride hight at 6 mm with 2.25 tires and the body trimed on the line and 3/16" spliter. The top hight is 4.625" amd the hood is 2.7". Remember, just like the real cot these have a tall green house (top and window section). There is a small rake from back to front. I trimed the rear to the bottom do not paint line.
Dang Larry... that's almost 4x4 territory!!!! LOL

I set mine up with 5.5mm ride height and 2.15 tires. The hood is about 2.7 and the top is about 4.5 - 4.6ish. This gives me room to go down to 2.10 tires and still be legal. You're right about rake.

Bill

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dang Larry... that's almost 4x4 territory!!!! LOL

I set mine up with 5.5mm ride height and 2.15 tires. The hood is about 2.7 and the top is about 4.5 - 4.6ish. This gives me room to go down to 2.10 tires and still be legal. You're right about rake.

Bill
Did someone say Baja racing. lol

Bill, looks like the Cot rules are working. I was watching the cup cars at NH this afternoon and working on my new HD4 car. Our wings (PF) are a bit higher than the ones on the cup cars, But it is the same for all of us. Not trying to start anything here. Who knows??? we may need that wing. You know what they say "plant the rear and make it steer".

I do hope we can get OEM wings so we may use the different hights for tunning. Most of all I just want to get back to the track. See you soon at Rosewood.

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
I hear ya dude... can't wait to get back on the rug. The COT bodies are hot and I think the 13.5 class is going to be a lot of fun.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
I actually used superglue... thought about the nylon buttons but didn't have any to try out. Might be needing the OEM wings if that don't work out too good.

Bill

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Anybody want to post a picture of how they got away with lowering the front end to the min. 1/8th" splitter and still have the sides cut on the body lines behind the front tires? I've asked this question a few posts back and never really got a straight answer. I would like to know before I have to paint a new one because I cut to much.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts