Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
35,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of our diecast collecting vendor friends picked up a copy of this new Corvette Z06 Drag Racer for me and another friend. This is the same Alex Laughlin who had the Pro Stock Camaro issued by Hot Wheels a few years back.

This drag racing casting is based on Laughlin's current NHRA Corvette Z06 drag car . It has a removable hood and body. On the base of the casting it is called the '12 Corvette Z06 Drag Racer. It is Toy # GRL96 and is made in Thailand. The base date code on this casting is P12 which I added to the Fandom information page.

2021 Hot Wheels Premium Hot Wheels Boulevard Alex Laughlin Corvette ZO6 Drag Racer
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
35,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My die cast customizer friend has already drilled his apart. Stripped the paint. Removed the casting header details from the metal chassis. Swapped out the engine and wheels for bigger chrome versions of each! The front nose, twin drag packs and window pieces were also removed for now.

20210711 GEMS
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

20210711 GEMS
by Milton Fox, on Flickr

·
Administrator
35,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey @5thGenCamaro can you share with us what the rivets are attached to? I am guessing the engine and gray (nose to drag pack piece). Maybe the engine in the front instead. Does the window piece stay in place as well? Or can it be removed also?

TIA MFR 🤙

·
2018 Atlas1121 Genuine Collector Award
20,764 Posts
Boy you sure are needy Milton...LOL

Front rivet looks like it goes into the middle of the Engine.
Front of glass looks like it is held in by the Engine and snaps in place in the rear.
It might come out but I don't want to break it.

·
Premium Member
9,715 Posts
Awesome Corvette Z06 drag racer you Milton congrats.👍

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I like this casting. Surprisingly this is a peg warmer in my area. I thought for sure when this came out that I would not be able to find it.

I thought I had it all figured out when I was about 17, then reality came along and slaps me on the side of the head and says "snap out of it"!

·
Super Moderator
2,055 Posts
I think it's an awesome casting. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm not sure if it's because they're all getting snapped up or if the stores here just haven't gotten any yet. Either way, I'm surprised it's warming the pegs in your area, @Eviltwin678.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts