Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Magnifique!!

This is very, very impressive. You've succeeded in so many ways on this incredible piece of work. You really brought this kit to life with your amazing paint job. Your diorama is absolutely fantastic. Your photography is excellent and you did a great job recording your progress. Great job!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The metallic surface looks fantastic. Did you achieve the "marble" effect also with pastels? How did you apply them?
Thanks a lot!

I hope my explanation will be understandable... Feel free to ask more

After the base coat with MigJimenez "Gun Metal", I washed the whole "panel lines" with bunrt earth oil ( thinnered with.. "F gasoline"?) and added some hard pastels powder fixed with F gasoline too!

first, I passed a brush wet of F gasoline on the surface that I wanted to pigment.
Then I tapped this gasolined brush in dry pastel powder cup (green + black pastels to make a dark green mix) and tapped it where I passed the F gasoline before.
And I let it dry

Here are the type of pastels I used on this pic (not the good colors but the good box! ;) )

Yesterday, FFG figs've just arrived

I'll try to find time to do some tests in the coming days, hoping that they'll find some space enough on the flanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks a lot JediDad, Milton and Pob

The only thing I can think of to add is a subtle highlighting to bring out some more details and to look like reflected sunlight, etc.
Thank you very much Prof' ! ;)
How would you make that Professeur? What parts of it would you highlight?

I thank you a lot AussieMuscle
Not a lot of time this week-end but I tried a first test assembly ("white mount"?), just to have an idea of the feasibility of their positioning and to get a look at the scale ratio.... It seems to fit!

·
Starship Class
11,621 Posts
Thanks a lot JediDad, Milton and Pob

Thank you very much Prof' ! ;)
How would you make that Professeur? What parts of it would you highlight?
Maybe take a look at the movie and freeze-frame some shots (or find some online) and see where the highlights would work. Otherwise, use a very bright light--maybe use a flash on your phone or digital camera-- and see where the highlights belong.

You don't really need it since the model is a somewhat reflective silver but it might be a nice touch.

·
Super Moderator
23,637 Posts
I love painting with light (and shadows) in photography and the effect @PerfesserCoffee is talking about is called caustic reflections. They change constantly depending on the time of day, day of the year, seasonal sun angle and postion, tide motion and wind effect on the water surface for where ever you may be standing near or on a body of water. Here is one of the most extreme examples I could find to show the effect.

https://www.atoptics.co.uk/fz260.htm

You can take your model outside and walk around it (change your eye level as you do) and see what your dio 'water' does to the model. Each time you go around move the model to a different postion to the angle of the sun. When you see something you like - photograph it and then decide if you can effectively recreate it with paint on your model. Your "foam" height and density will effect how this shows up visually, but would be accurate to it being there at the same time.

:cheers2:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks a lot mates.

I'll think about this add on the hull

on the 16st of november

found that to make the water on the tank.
with the warranty of no yellowing with time

20191116_182846 by Cyber Mecha, sur Flickr

the effect, after drying, on a trash part.

20191116_211449 by Cyber Mecha, sur Flickr[

20191116_211349 by Cyber Mecha, sur Flickr

Droids white mounting by Cyber Mecha, sur Flickr

Droids white mounting by Cyber Mecha, sur Flickr

on the 17st of november

black primer One shot from Mig

20191117_170739 by Cyber Mecha, sur Flickr

weapons and equipment with polished metal from Mig ....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks Perf'

I worked on it yesterday..

Droid at sea !
the blaster damage effect is made with my daughter's old eye shadow (dark grey with flakes)
!

20191207_171131 by Cyber Mecha, sur Flickr

20191207_171139 by Cyber Mecha, sur Flickr​

Here is the general looking of the dio
Last droid on the right has to be reshaped. It's too leaning backwards

20191207_174313 by Cyber Mecha, sur Flickr

20191207_174259 by Cyber Mecha, sur Flickr​

I spilled Liquitex on the surface. The brilliance and depth effect is better in real than in the pics.

Attempt of ammo explosion in water with cotton and PVA glu on a lollipop axe... Blah! Needs to be improved...

20191207_165647 by Cyber Mecha, sur Flickr​
Mouais..... Faut voir....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
After more or less vain (but rather more anyway!) Attempts to reproduce the flow of water on the caterpillar ...

I did not have the necessary know-how to tweak all the flows as I had been advised many times ...
But given my level, I say: not too much is needed! (pretending !!!)

I declare this diorama officially completed...

Situation....

Year 19 before the Battle of Yavin,

In the last days of the Clone Wars, the fights ignited all the borders of the Galactic Republic, touching many worlds hitherto spared.
Surrounded for two years, located in the Middle Rim, Kashyyyk should have been safe with the retreat of the Confederation of Independent Systems towards the limits of the Outer Rim.
However, it became the stake of one of the biggest battles of the last year of war.

A NR-N99 Persuader class droid tank, better known as a droid tank or snail tank, assaulted the beach in the Kachirho lagoon.
(Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith)

Completed diorama
by Bouq, sur Flickr

Completed diorama
by Bouq, sur Flickr

Completed diorama
by Bouq, sur Flickr

Completed diorama
by Bouq, sur Flickr

Completed diorama
by Bouq, sur Flickr

Completed diorama
by Bouq, sur Flickr