Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jeff! :)

Medicom...a company out of Japan....except they have not been in the stores for quite some time, they came out in 2000. Some comic shops and toy shops still have a few. They are on ebay as well.

There is a whole line up of all the original charactors including Tayler in rags and in his astronaut uniform.

Here is a place that has Milo for only 2.99!!!....tell Monica that Troy from Seattle sent you.
http://www.toyzz.com/toy.cfm?sid=73793992M20247171804002D971291781E24Y0Y59Y190B77539960J33252599G&pid=3616&c=151&keywords=&hot=0

Have fun!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Good lord Fluke, I went to order a couple of the figures at $1 and $3 each and the system calculated a total cost of $48 with shipping!!!

That is a horrendous shipping charge!!!

Huzz

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Must have been a 'Glitch'....hope you tried again or contacted them.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Apparently that is the going rate to Canada. Do they know I'm on the same planet? Anyway, they have offered to reduce it to $15, which is still a bit steep for such a small package.

Huzz

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
I once tried to buy an "All my Children" Xmas ornament for my mother from the ABC (TV network) online store. The minimum shipping to Canada was $35.00. I emailed with the same basic question..."Do you guys realize Canada is on the same continent as the U.S.?"

There response was that I should BUY MORE in order to make the shipping charges worthwhile. Yeah. We'll call that "Plan B"!

BTW, I actually have the Cornelius figure. He's currently on display in the lving room. Picked him up locally about two years ago for about $8.00CDN at a local shop. There were other figures in the series which, sadly, I did not have the foresight to purchase. He was really just an impulse buy as I usually make some kind of token purchase when I go into that shop. The shop owners are nice folks so I never leave empty handed. The figure was cheap so I bought it but I should have got the whole darn set.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have the Milo in spacesuit figure. When I finish my Wilco Icarus one day I'll display them together. It would be nice to have the spacesuit Cornelius too.Huzz

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
my brother and i run a full time ebay business, and canadian shipping charges are indeed very high. we use the postal service, but if the folks you are buying from use the other parcel services they are higher yet. see it doesnt matter that canada is nearby and speaks the same language (well, mostly, sort of) that we do in the states. its still a foreign country. the mail still has to go thru the same proceses (customs, etc.) that mail going to any other country does. th length of the plane ride it has to take is really irrelevant.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I just got three resin model kits in the mail from a supplier in the Western USA. They are much larger and heavier than the Cornelius figure I am interested in. The total postal charge that was paid is marked right on the box - $17.25. So why is it still $15 from Toyzz.com for one small, light action figure?

Huzz

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
razorwyre1 said:
my brother and i run a full time ebay business, and canadian shipping charges are indeed very high. we use the postal service,
I have a box here from Cult's hobby shop...shipped from Atlanta to Winnipeg. The box is corrugated coardboard with the following dimensions: 16" x 10" x 6.5". It contained TWO Monogram UFO kits. Weight is 2.25lbs.

It was shipped airmail with two "United States Postal Serice Par Avion/Air Mail" stickers still on the box.

The metered POSTAGE stamp is on the box and reads:

U.S. POSTAGE PAID
ATLANTA, GA
MAY 27, 04
AMOUNT

$7.00

00059659-06

That's pretty good sized box holding two kits (they are still in it) with room to spare. It cost $7.00 to mail.

I've got that Cornelius figure and his packaging. He weighs less than .25 lbs (I have a precision German made scale) and you could easily fit eight of them in the above mentioned box and still make the same weight limit.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Dave Hussey said:
I just got three resin model kits in the mail from a supplier in the Western USA. They are much larger and heavier than the Cornelius figure I am interested in. The total postal charge that was paid is marked right on the box - $17.25. So why is it still $15 from Toyzz.com for one small, light action figure?

Huzz
I wonder if the great low prices are due to higher shipping/handling charges?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Cornelius

heiki said:
I wonder if the great low prices are due to higher shipping/handling charges?
Hi Guys,
I have ordered from TOYZZ a few times. They are very reliable and have great prices on their stuff. The shipping though is one of the sore points with me. They are very high and it has more than once kept me from ordering.

Cheers,
Max Bryant

·
Registered
701 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up on those, Fluke! Just managed to buy some of those on eBay... including all 3 Ape-o-nauts! :)

(Put DOWN the Dremel, Fluke... PUT DOWN THE DREMEL!!!!)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I sell occasionally sell on ebay and I have shipped to Canada for less $ than I have in the US. Maybe I just don't "handle" it as much as some people do.

·
Registered
701 Posts
lonfan said:
Oh Good Now I can Stop Bothering Mr. Metzner with Posts like

Big Nova! Big NOVA! lol

LON/JOHN
Heh.... I just checked the listing for the lot of figures that I purchased.... turns out there's a Nova figure in the bunch. Will let ya know how it looks when I get them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts