Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the Resin from the Grave kit. It's got the year '95 engraved on the base and I'm pretty sure that's how long this has been sitting in my stash. I got in the mood to finally build this after watching all of my POTA Blurays. The sculpting on the kit is excellent. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the casting. It's really rough (even for a garage kit.) Lots of air bubbles, obliterated details on the hands and legs.

I found an old issue of Amazing Figure Modeler where David Fisher wrote a really helpful "step by step" on painting a Cornelius bust. He uses Liquitex paints, but I used a mixture of Tamiya Desert Yellow, Hull Red and White for my fleshtones. Vallejo Medium Olive was used for the clothing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the positive comments! Very much appreciated.

Nice job. Those Resin From The Grave kits are really hard to work with.
It was the most prep work I've had to do for a resin kit. I just opted to putty/sand/re-sculpt the most visible areas because I realized that just about every part needed some major attention. The finish looks good from afar, just don't look too closely! It's a shame because the sculptor put in a lot of details and textures that got lost in the rough casting.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Nice job and nice painting on him. Most of the small amount of resin kits I've bought so far have been pretty good casting wise but I've seen a couple that were awful. You can't tell after your fixup of the figure prior to painting.

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
This is so very cool looking and great paints. It makes me excited for the next installment (after Rise Of The POTA) and I hope they keep some of the original clothing design for the Apes! Thanks for sharing!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts