Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a mistake on the web page about the dates for the corn belt races. Here are the dates as posted on 11-11-11

FD May 5
Algona May 6
FD June 2
Algona June 3
Algona July 14
FD July 15
Algona Sept 8
FD Sept 9
Algona Oct 6
FD oct 7
No dates where set for Augest do to the possable race in Knoxville and to allow for a race in Cedar Rapids. We need your thoughts on a Augest race as things will be worked on for 2013 in the next few months?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't see why Knoxville would be an issue.

Are you talking about having a Cornbelt race in Cedar Rapids or a club race?
Either way I am good with it.

Are there any race dates set for Cedar Rapids already?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the past years we have had a race at Knoxville, this year it didn't come about and we did not know that there would be a problem with insurance issues thus no Augest race this year

·
Registered
325 Posts
Website says june 30 and july 1st for corn belt also. Are we canceling these dates now? Ft dodge is planning on grilling and if its not cornbelt we need to know.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I was planning on it. Why change it now in midseason when people have planned on it. Doesnt make sense. I know Vershues wernt coming for a couple months and other then them Its mostly the normal people this year running anyway. Look at the points and see that theres really not anyone from a long distance traveling this year. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was not a change, the date was posted 11-11-11 the same time the twister 250 was moved to the 14 because of the NCS race. The mistake was not cought until last night

·
Registered
186 Posts
Kevin had told me (Kevin chime in on this) that he and Kurt would not be here until the August cornbelt I don't believe...Secondly, I had already planned on being here strictly because it was a Cornbelt this weekend as I won't be here the 14th -15th. I have already been gone one weekend. As the above have mentioned, besides Vershuure's we haven't had anyone drive specifically for a Cornbelt this year (I apologize if I left someone out) and I don't see why we would cancel this weekend. We have no Cornbelt race listed in August....we haven't had a Knoxville race the previous 2 years I have been VPS. I hope it isn't just me, but the only words I have ever heard about a Knoxville race were those posted by the dirt guys, never us...Also, we knew last year Cedar Rapids was going to be hit and miss, and it was agreed upon that we would schedule races ON TOP (as the website states) of our normal schedule, not leave dates tenatively open. Neither Knoxville nor Cedar Rapids have anything to do with not having a race in August. It doesn't matter what schedule the race was on (it was on two), if it was on any of them, it needs to stay. Worst case it is just another throw out for those who planned on racing, as the number of throw outs has been set with this race planned. In my opinion we shouldn't change the schedule, even if it was by error, 3 days before we race.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I can't speak for Curt, but I don't plan to race until September. Don't make any decisions for our benefit. Just do what make sense for you guys. For when I do race, I would like to have weather with partly cloudly skies, highs in the mid to upper 70's, light breeze from the southwest at 5 mph to 8 mph. Oh.....and no mosquitos would be nice too. Am I asking for too much here?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I can't speak for Curt, but I don't plan to race until September. Don't make any decisions for our benefit. Just do what make sense for you guys. For when I do race, I would like to have weather with partly cloudly skies, highs in the mid to upper 70's, light breeze from the southwest at 5 mph to 8 mph. Oh.....and no mosquitos would be nice too. Am I asking for too much here?

How about cloudy, 48* and windy? You may need to scrub in a 410, but the car will come around, I have faith.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not for sure if I can make it this Saturday but I agree to leave it a Cornbelt race for the weekend. What's the difference? If it is not a Cornbelt weekend, do we not race at all? I am a little confused on that! Who are the decision makers on Cornbelt races for the two tracks anyway? Is this something that is decided together by the two tracks? Answers please...

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you don't race until September, you may get that!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The dates are set by the two tracks The twister 250 is part of the cornbelt, it was announced that it would be the first night race this year and that is on the 14th. This week is just a regular club race as it was to be. The dates are pretty much the same year after year.

·
Registered
186 Posts
It involves the two clubs, so I say we put it to a vote. The website and the hobby talk post showed us having a Cornbelt weekend this weekend. I don't know what official schedule didn't have it. The board at the track is wrong as a July race has been left out as well.

I vote we keep it a Cornbelt weekend.

To add....the 14th - 15th is a Cornbelt race regardless. This can make up for the Cornbelt race that was supposed to be in August.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was anounced at the last club race when the next cornbelt was and that date is the 14th I talked with Jim last night and he said to go with what was posted There never has been more then one cornbelt per month at any track
The dates where posted 6 months ago so people could plain I don't know when it was changed any changes are to be agreed upon by the officers of the two tracks .

·
Registered
186 Posts
It was anounced at the last club race when the next cornbelt was and that date is the 14th I talked with Jim last night and he said to go with what was posted There never has been more then one cornbelt per month at any track
The dates where posted 6 months ago so people could plain I don't know when it was changed any changes are to be agreed upon by the officers of the two tracks .
The dates that were posted 6 months ago are the problem. The website said the 2nd-3rd & 14-15th, Hobby Talk said the 2nd-3rd & 14-15th. Where else are we supposed to look? The board at the track is wrong. This is the problem..."changes" are agreed upon without the racer's input nor a reliable way to receive information. Regardless what the "agreed" upon schedule is, it was posted in error, and plans were made because of it. Not the fault of the racers. Keeping it the way it was posted is a courtesy, not a pain, it is ridiculous that it is looked at the other way. This is a hobby, with toy cars.

NOT NASCAR.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The dates that were posted 6 months ago are the problem. The website said the 2nd-3rd & 14-15th, Hobby Talk said the 2nd-3rd & 14-15th. Where else are we supposed to look? The board at the track is wrong. This is the problem..."changes" are agreed upon without the racer's input nor a reliable way to receive information. Regardless what the "agreed" upon schedule is, it was posted in error, and plans were made because of it. Not the fault of the racers. Keeping it the way it was posted is a courtesy, not a pain, it is ridiculous that it is looked at the other way. This is a hobby, with toy cars.

NOT NASCAR.
Perfect!!!!

So whats the call on an Aug cornbelt race? Because if you dont reschedule a race in Aug now it will be nearly 2 months till the next one. And thats BS!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Perfect!!!!

So whats the call on an Aug cornbelt race? Because if you dont reschedule a race in Aug now it will be nearly 2 months till the next one. And thats BS!
Hell, I might not even have a car by that time lol. I'll see if I can find a deal on a couple buggies. Does Predator make one, I heard they're fast!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts