Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this CORGI diecast racecar yesterday.

If anyone can help me with any information about this diecast car it would be greatly appreciated.(year of manufacture and value)

What I really like about this car is that the entire car is diecast except for the tires. (mirrors, wheels, etc. are diecast)

Thanks in advance for any help or replies.

Moving the driver to the left moves the wheels to the left.


Moving the driver to the right moves the wheels to the right.


 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tone said:
I would say Mid-1960s, by the looks of it.
Thanks Tone, I was guessing 1965 to 1969 myself.

I wonder what current value is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,355 Posts
wow. that steering feature is WAY cool... wonder if Corgi did other cars like that?

--rick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Is the wing original?, it looks too new for that vintage Lotus. Also, the Gold Leaf Team Lotus paint scheme and wing should date it 1968.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply HobbyRI.

Here's a pic from a recent 'Bay auction for a CORGI Lotus that is a paint variation of the same car. The wing is on this car too.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
Can't really tell you anything about the model Ray, as I've never seen one before.

However, it is an odd concoction. The Climax engine was used in the 1.5 litre formula of 1961-65 - Lotus types 21, 24, 25 & 33 - at that time, the cars were green & wings were not used. The model appears to be in Gold Leaf livery, which commenced in 1968, with the type 49, but that used a Cosworth V8 & wings were attached......modeller's licence?

Steve
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply and information on this car Steve. I know very little about CORGI TOYS. I sold my small collection of CORGIS that I had about 17 years ago. I bought a few new CORGI TOYS in the past year. The Batmobile is my favorite casting.

I bought this car a little over a week ago for $5.00. I just couldn't pass on buying it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
The F1 car is from late 60´s and was issued with a "companion": The #159 Cooper -Maserati. see pic. :thumbsup:
Both race cars are rather common.

Karl-E. Denmark

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
karl-e said:
The F1 car is from late 60´s and was issued with a "companion": The #159 Cooper -Maserati. see pic. :thumbsup:
Both race cars are rather common.

Karl-E. Denmark


Thanks for the pic and info Karl.

Please start some threads with pics of your Corgi diecast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
STUTZ said:
Thanks for the pic and info Karl.

Please start some threads with pics of your Corgi diecast.
I really only got a few Corgis, you have seen half of it :rolleyes:
I collect 50s and 60s Lesney-Matchbox (along with other small scale vehicles)
The 1:43 and larger is stuff that has "fallen in my lap" and I thought was cool, but it's primarely things that I keep for trades.
But I'll see what I can find and post it later :wave:

Karl-E. Denmark
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
karl-e said:
I really only got a few Corgis, you have seen half of it :rolleyes:
I collect 50s and 60s Lesney-Matchbox (along with other small scale vehicles)
The 1:43 and larger is stuff that has "fallen in my lap" and I thought was cool, but it's primarely things that I keep for trades.
But I'll see what I can find and post it later :wave:

Karl-E. Denmark
Looking forward the seeing the rest Karl.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top