Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys.
As you seem to know a hell of an amount about corgis etc I was hoping you could help me..
The thing is I bought a corgi juniors batmobile
off eBay the other day it is mint on a card...small bit of ware for its age the number is 56114 .the card says dc comics inc 1974 batman is on the card in a kind of running to the left pose looking like the original comic version the back ground colour is a kinda orangy red and batmans cape almost fills the top half of the card ..his right leg is in front of the left as if he was about to run
The batmobile in the blister is in mint condition and facing left.
there is also a very faint backwards 69 on the back of the card.

BUT THE THING IS the date on the car is 1976..
and not 1974 as on the card.
Is this some kind of mistake by corgi?
or have I bought a ringer?
Thanks
Roger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for all the replies guys.

but can anyone explain the 74 card with the 76 batmobile inside?
I just find that so weird !
were corgi using old stock cards? ....
the card is definitely real .( i can tell this because you can see where the hole at the top was punched through ..there is a slight bending at the edges of the hole ..and not cut with a scalpel which would be straight ,so it cant be a reprint ..it also has an "old" feel to it) and the batmobile is a+ mint.
It worries me!

to my mind it is either a factory mistake...or someone in the last 30 years has messed around with it (i cant think why though).

Thanks for all your help guys.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
One possibility is that the card work was done before the production of the casting. So the car may have come out in 1976 and the card work was done in 1974.

I am not positive but from the picture, your car and card look authentic and not messed around with.
I would say be happy with what you have there and don't worry about the little discrepancy you found.
just my 2 cents.
Richard

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
That Could Of Been A Pic That Was Used For Something Earlier, Then Re Used Again, Kinda Looks Like The Batmam I Had On My Wall Paper And I Think It Was 69 Ish.

·
Registered
40 Posts
man i wantted that batmobile. luck you! i think the card was produced before the car. not exactly sure of the production years of that car but i am sure it was produced in those years. hope this helps. and maybe someone can elighten us a little more.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Here's what Bill had to say:
The copyright date on the card reflects when the license was granted. The different copyright date on the casting reflects when the baseplate mold was made. It is common practice to put the most up-to-date copyright date when a die or mold is fabricated.

I hope this helps.
Bill Manzke

1 - 13 of 13 Posts