Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows everyone doing? Theteddster here. Been collecting die cast for over 15 years which makes me a beginner. I started with 1/64 of what I like !! I collect what I like myself not what is really collectible. Anyway, my attention turned to 1/24 & 1/18 & I even have a few 1/12 !! I only have about 850 die cast.When Johnny Lighting came out with David Stacey's Copperhead I had to have one!! ( I am a car guy and have been for 60 years.) To the point==Does anyone have an idea what its worth today?I can not find ANYTHING on it at all.Any help would be GREATLY appreciated !! ( I took it out of the box & directly into a clear case.I like to look at mine.) Thank you.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Hows everyone doing? Theteddster here. Been collecting die cast for over 15 years which makes me a beginner. I started with 1/64 of what I like !! I collect what I like myself not what is really collectible. Anyway, my attention turned to 1/24 & 1/18 & I even have a few 1/12 !! I only have about 850 die cast.When Johnny Lighting came out with David Stacey's Copperhead I had to have one!! ( I am a car guy and have been for 60 years.) To the point==Does anyone have an idea what its worth today?I can not find ANYTHING on it at all.Any help would be GREATLY appreciated !! ( I took it out of the box & directly into a clear case.I like to look at mine.) Thank you.
liked how you snuck that "what is it worth" into you i have been collecting for 15 yrs:rolleyes:maybe i am in just a bad mood today but i am getting tired od these post.what dose it matter what it's worth,you had to have one and you got it but now you have to put a $ value behind it.come on man:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I am in a good mood today... Not like the other day when I went off on someone for posting what is my car worth. HobbyTalk seems to attract many people who like to find what is this worth , how much can i get for it and so forth. HobbyTalk seems to have a swinging door for many people who only joined to obtain prices instead of sharing what they love to collect. I will give you the benefit since you been collecting for 15 yrs and I am sure you seen many people ask the same questions in what they had or have.

What I can offer is you will have to do a deep search and try to locate it on the web as many diecast are not written down in books in value. If they are I haven't seen the books.

Wish ya the best in your search

Oh and welcome to the board :wave:. Hope you stick around and share what you like collecting :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey no harm meant man!! I have been looking for somewhere I can ask questions and see what is going on in die cast & models. You need to understand that my collections are my wifes and my retirement ! I am not naive enough to think I can take it with me and my 12 grand-kids nor 6 great-grand-kids don't care about them. At 65 w/PTSD, diabetes,a triple by pass, neuropathy on my r/side,3 strokes and looking towards another by pass I am working on my wifes retirement money !! I did not mean to upset you but you REALLY need to chill out man.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That is the reason I am here.To share what I like. I collect allot of things related to automotive. And I love detailing my models and die cast. And I am planning to start selling it ALL off and want somebody that could TRULY appreciate what people have. You sell on eBay and most of the time its someone who wants to give you nothing and sell for a fortune! From what people have told me about the people on THIS board they are the ones that CARE about its PEOPLE !! I hope they are right !! By the way Liv N Low I HAVE been searching and dont seem to be able to find anything. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
If this is the truck your talking about I would say mint loose in the 20.00 - 40.00 range. The Toy Peddler is a better place to sell than E-bay in my opinion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guntownal===that is exactly the one. I remember when Johnny Lighting announced they were going to do David Stacy's Copperhead I had to have it!! BOY was I disappointed as it was nothing but a generic truck and NOT Copperhead !! Anyone that used to watch his show KNOWS what I mean. Thank you everyone for your help !!

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Thanks Guntownal===that is exactly the one. I remember when Johnny Lighting announced they were going to do David Stacy's Copperhead I had to have it!! BOY was I disappointed as it was nothing but a generic truck and NOT Copperhead !! Anyone that used to watch his show KNOWS what I mean. Thank you everyone for your help !!
Take care and thanks for stopping by.

Good luck with your diecast retirement fund.

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts