Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would like to thank those who answered my question on my 68 firebird WL. Thanks again! I had another question, if I may, about another car in my collection. It is a 69 COPO Camaro 427 (Calypso Coral) #451-01. A couple of friends went nuts over this particular car when they saw it and I was wondering if this had been a difficult car to find. I am not trying to sell it, I am just curious. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The term "rare" would definitely apply to this particular vehicle manufactured by GM.
The #451-01 was the very first release of the Camaro series produced back in 1999 and 2000. It was very difficult to find as this release was not readily available to collectors.
That plus serious Camaro enthusiasts probably hoarded these first releases.
This particular casting probably commands some serious cash to buy a mint copy in blister pack.
Why don't you contact Gary @ Tiny Wheels as he probably can provide you with more information.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
451-03, the elusive yellow one.
Good point, jhoop302

And 4.00 for 451-01 COPO 427 is a good buy. A very good buy.

My favourite still is the all black '69 RS from release 2, as it has no chrome gills in front of rear wheels and has the hide-away head-lights. It also has the cowl-induction hood plus front and rear spoilers.

Cheers Cobra

1 - 5 of 5 Posts