Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well our season is over for this year and the three of us have learned a lot! As much as you think you know about racing and how they should be run, things are not always the same when you are on the other side of the fence. Being a track operator this season proved that to us time and time again.

Before I get into all of that though, let me say a personal thank you to all of the racers that supported us throughout the summer. Cooper’s RC Race Center is one of the finest paved racing facilities on the East Coast but at the same time, we understand that it is a drive for most racers to get to and your continued support through out the summer was appreciated more than you will ever know. YOU guys did it…..you helped us keep Cooper’s in operation.

We have had the support from some of the greatest racers in our hobby all season and that is a literal statement as well as a figurative one. Not only are you guys fun to be around but you are indeed the cream of the crop in RC Racing as was demonstrated all summer long. Every race we held there had “at least” one National Champion in it and usually more than one. You professionalism throughout the season brought a new level of competition to our sport.

Cooper’s paved racing WILL BE BACK next year as will the East Coast Paved Oval. We will be striving for further improvements at the track and we will be making MAJOR changes in that race……..but that is news for later on.

I have a couple of other things to say but I will be back in a little while for that. For now, let me just say that on behalf of Gary, Larry and myself; thank you for helping us keep Cooper’s in operation this summer and we look forward to next season with you guys.

OH just one more thing before I close this one. NONE of what we did this year could not have been accomplished without the help and support from both Norris and Pat Cooper, who own the facility as well as the support we had from John Forister of John’s BSR’s. ALL of you have been great to work with the entire season and we could not have done it without either of you.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
It might have been better if I would have started a whole new thread entitled “I BLEW IT” LOL but the fact of the matter is, in one particular area of operating the track this year…..I did!

I was not prepared well enough and procedures were not posted far enough in advance to carry out a proper Tech operation at the larger races where I was the tech official. While personally, I don’t feel that anything out of the ordinary took place, the point is; all doubts should have been removed and I take full responsibility for the shortcomings in that area. It was not Gary’s or Larry’s job to “look over my shoulder” or check behind me, it was my job to see to it that the tech operation went the way it should have. I have been around this long enough to have known better.

With that let me say that next year, all policies and procedures WILL BE POSTED at the track, on this and other threads and probably on the RC-Oval site well in advance of our races and THEY WILL BE FOLLOWED to the letter for EVERYONE. It is just as important for me to look for discrepancies as it is for me to prove that everything is legal. With a good tech operation, all of that is taken care of at one time and there are no “gray areas” to deal with.

I apologize to everyone that raced at Cooper’s this year for not conducting this part of the operation in a more professional manner but be assured, it will not be that way next season!

McLin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts