Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
That's the first Robby toy or model I've seen that includes a human operator inside it. Just think -- now you can have your very own Frankie Darro action figure!

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
I'm anxious to get a look at this one in person.

Medicom makes nice stuff, but in this case the $400.00 price tag seems a little steep...

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
No 13 inch figure is worth that price unless it comes with $300 in cash satashed inside! I dont care how nice it is! I'll pass!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Yeah, I would love to have a 1/6 Robby but I can't put together that much scratch at this point. The metal Robby and car released a few years ago is stellar--I would love a poseable Robby in the 12-inch scale...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Price Reduction

Folks,

Just got word from the BigBadToyStore the price of Robby was reduced from 399.00 to 319.99.

In case anyone is interested.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Thanks but like that makes a difference. NO action figure is worth that much. Heck were builders...so its not even tempting.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Just found out Fred "I own the rights to Robby" Barton will be profiting from this figure.

PASS.
Um,same here! Fred Barton does NOT own the rights to Robby,as we all know,but don't tell him that! :rolleyes: I just wonder how having the rights to reproduce something (without being sued by the actual rights owners) equals being an actual rights owner???? Can we use the name "Robby the robot" in this thread without legal ramifications? :confused:

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Yeah, not a Fred Barton fan.

That said, I want to thank Robert again for posting a heads-up. Even if I'm not interested in purchasing this particular item, I am a huge Robby fan, and it's always nice to see the newest item to hit the market.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Take a look at HLJ... It's around $230.
You have to preorder before the end of the year for a Feburary delivery.

KK

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
no thanks...not at $300.00..I sprung for the robby and his transporter by x plus..but this is too high for me...nice piece, but to me, I just cant justify the price..

Z

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I love Robby as well. If I only had money to burn. Off-topic-J. Cameron considering remake of Forbidden Planet. Give it a "Google"

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I can buy a car for 300.00! well.....it may not be something to take your girl to the movies in...or pitbulls to a fight...but it has four wheels!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I always though the guy looked out of the lit grill.
The actor, who was a short person, did look out of the voice grill. He had his face blackened so it would not show when the tubes lit-up. So the figure should be about a head shorter, and the face blackened.

David.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The one on the left is from FP. I believe the one on the right is from the Gale Storm Show some years later......

...I suppose you could lop off the operator figure at the knees and "lower" him into the suit. But, I still think this thing is $150-250 outside my interest range right now.

By the way, Fred doesn't own the rights to all things Robby. He has a license to do life-size Robby replicas. Likely this company got the license from Warner Bros, and hired Fred as a consultant to get the data right..... (just a guess, though).

Gene

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I love the idea of the figure and the level of detail going into it, but Medicom's prices have always been fairly prohibitive except for those that can actually afford those high prices for a display item.

Looks great though!

Bryan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts